Saturday, March 04, 2006

Three views from the roof

Three reasons why I like working where I do.








Some days everything goes well. Yesterday, I did the End of Month/End of year bank balance and for the first time since I started this job (5 years?) it balanced perfectly first time. Not so much as an odd penny!
Today, a friend/advisor came in to help us through the end of year procedures and sort out some anomalies (we haven't done this with Sage before) and we discovered three cans of worms which will involve me spending long hours painstakingly tracing payments to petty cash invoices and other apparently minor odds and sods. Not so minor.
Some days things go less well.

Ah well, we're off to Leeds tomorrow to party. And to help sort out a garden. Hmm. I may have mentioned, I'm not too keen on this bit. And while the wild north is pleasingly perverse and grey in Spring and Autumn, I suspect that it will be distressingly bleak in Freezing Winter. (yes I know it's much colder in the USA but we're not used to it down here in the mild South of England. Well I'm not any more anyway). And due to the large number of tools Barney has been asked to bring with us, we'll go in the pickup which is hard on the back and will either be too hot or too cold.
Whatever. It'll be lovely to see SiS and Niece and SiS has many strange and interesting friends.
Now i have to go and pack. I haven't dared even think about looking to see who's posted new stuff or I'll still be here when it's time to go.
So have a great weekend everyone.

2 comments:

At 2:59 PM, Blogger Sam said...

I hope your journey to Leeds was better than my journey OUT of it on Friday night! Severe snow. It truly IS grim up north sometimes:-)

 
At 11:06 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Journey was fine thanks Fairy, it was lovely aand sunny both ways.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home