Tuesday, February 28, 2006

No time to sit and blog

I've just done the rounds and discovered that the man with a nice smile who was in the workshop this afternoon was actually the Beep! I really wish I hadn't been running so late or I'd have had time to say hello or something!
In view of which, I really MUST get my life under control.
The day is only twenty four hours long. I know this so why do I keep trying to do more than twenty four hours worth of not very useful stuff in it.
Tonight I WILL do the things on my list, I WILL NOT procrastinate and tomorrow I swear I'll get up....in time anyway.
OK?
Got to go now.
More pics from the weekend.


By the way, we're going up to Leeds this weekend to see Sister in Law. Who knows, there may be pics from Roundhay Park.

*Actually it's more likely to be Gifford(?)Park, tiny but beautiful in Autumn. Much patronised by dog walkers. And just round the corner from SiL's new place. (which is just round the corner from her old place). I want to see what it looks like in winter. And a city is *the* place to take a camera and a tripod out at night.

**And I can't wait to have a go at Leeds night skies to compare with two years ago. I hope SiL's new place has a good view of them :)

***The only problem is we're supposed to be helping sort out SiL's garden..not keen on heavy outdoor work in Winter, me. I wonder if she'll be happy for me to make tea and take photos.

6 comments:

At 12:24 AM, Blogger Fred said...

Hope you have good weather for your visit. How are you liking your new camera?

 
At 12:35 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Absolutely loving it. It's so quick and so much easier to find small moving objects with the big screen.
I still need to practice keeping it still..I was amused to find that on almost every page of the manual it says "we advise using a tripod with this mode".

 
At 12:37 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Have you seen the Cambridge and nocturne sites? Gorgeous!

 
At 8:43 PM, Blogger Fred said...

Using a tripod turns the image stabilization off so make sure you get a remote shutter release. I paid about £15 for mine so its not expensive, but absolutely essential to prevent the camera moving.

I don't have time to keep up with all your links I'm afraid but have looked at the two new sites. I agree they are absolutely gorgeous. If I get one picture that looks anything like them I am going to quit while I'm ahead.

 
At 1:11 AM, Blogger Fred said...

A further point about holding the camera still. If you can train yourself to use the viewfinder instead of the screen you will do better (and get a more accurate view of what you are seeing with regards to light and colour). Take the weight in your left hand holding the lens body from underneath (easy to alter the zoom this way as well). Your right hand is then free to manipulate the main controls and to keep steady for the shutter pressing action without having to bear any weight as well. Tuck your elbows in to your side for additional support and hold your breath when you actually press the shutter button. A wide stance will give better support and also consider kneeling so you can rest your left arm on your leg (this can also cut out uninteresting empty foreground rather than having to crop it out later). I hope I'm not teaching you to suck eggs here and wish I could always remember it all when I am taking photographs. Happy shooting.

 
At 2:06 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Aha! Wondered why last night's moon kept multiplying!
Thanks, Fred, I never did learn to suck eggs (revolting idea :) But the tips will help a lot.
Though I am rather in love with the screen!
Looking forward to more of your pics:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home