Monday, February 20, 2006

Rain and Sun



Today I watched Shooting the Past (Poliakoff) and it was just as good as I remember it.
It was a marvellous weaving of the past on a backdrop of ten million archived photos with the present/imminent destruction of the archive and of its guardians' slightly obsessive yet tranquil existence.
It was wonderfully haunting and subtly dramatic and the while photos were perhaps the true stars, the cast and music made it utterly compelling.
For me anyway. I'm still all quivery from the emotional and visual impact.

I do wish I could do people better. But they won't stay still long enough!
Still, rain and sun do wonderful things to the world. And one does sometimes wonder if they are always going to be there.
Meanwhile, hooray, most of my hair is no longer there. I have emerged from a perpetual bad hair day into *short* curliness. Yay! I am a bit cold round the ears though :)

6 comments:

At 4:56 AM, Blogger Kyahgirl said...

Hi Mig! How about before and after hair photos? hmm? Curious minds and all that :-)

 
At 8:56 PM, Blogger frangelita said...

Gosh, emotional in front of the tv! Sounds rather like me (been known to cry at Neighbours on my more emotional days).

 
At 3:16 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Fran, you didn't watch it then?
Kyah, it's a question of finding a *before* that I could bear to post!
but i might do an updated profile, quick before the new hair wilts!

 
At 8:36 AM, Blogger Tabby Rabbit said...

Was meant to get my haircut but somehow bottled it. Hey ho, at least one of us has had it done.

I've never seen Shooting the Past, (isn't it a million hours long?). - Poliakoff's new thingy (Gideon's Daughter?) is on the BBC this weekend, Sunday night I think. I plan to watch that (bet I miss it).

 
At 8:13 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

It is a million hours long.
Barney went to bed without his cup of tea, the dog didn't go out till midnight and I was desparate for a wee. But I watched every minute :)

 
At 8:14 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

can't spell...desperate.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home