Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Trees are best, but the Severn Bridge makes me go weak at the knees



And the Forth Bridge and the other Severn and the Clifton Suspension and all five of the Newcastle ones and the Beep's lovely photos and one in Wales somewhere (in the floods a few years ago)
As Fran pointed out this weekend, I have rather a lot of pictures of trees.
And many attempts at birds.

Quite a lot of water.

Skies (with the odd tree lurking in the background).

And another thing about which I am a bit obsessive, is bridges.


Taken on the move, through the car windscreen. not bad eh?*

Have to say, although I think I should have had a computer, a fiddle and a digital camera when I was five, I'm damned lucky to have them now. I may be late but I'm stuffing myself with as many technological goodies as I can. I shall die fat and happy. I hope:)


*No I wasn't driving. but Barney wouldn't stop the car on the bridge to let me get it just right. I don't know why.

6 comments:

At 2:03 AM, Blogger concerned citizen said...

Great perspective! Bridges are neat. I haven't tried to photo them yet. My hubby,s only phobia is; driving on bridges. He starts to feel like he is in mid-air w/nothing under him.

I'm trying to get a good pic. of a 'Townsends Warbler' at my bird feeder. A loner who thinks it is his exclusive property. I'll have to put another one up for the poor Chick-a-dees.

 
At 8:22 PM, Blogger Juggling Mother said...

I like trees. and water. But bridges are so much more iconic:-)

 
At 12:21 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Lt: Like those cartoons where the bridge falls down and the character stays up in the air.
Mrs A: Iconic. Exactly :)

 
At 1:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks like you're having great weather!

 
At 6:53 AM, Blogger Tabby Rabbit said...

I love the Severn Bridge too - sometimes when it's early and the sky is clear I want to stop my car right underneath one of the 'big bits' (you know what I mean - it's early and my brain hasn't had any caffeine yet) and take a pic but I haven't yet. Need a driver. And a sun roof.

l>t: whatever you do don't let your husband watch "The night the bridge fell down" (80s film)!

 
At 8:22 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

And Lt, don't let him watch any of those engineering programmes about how the great bridges were designed.
It's only a step way from magic!
Tabby, we used to have a friend who liked to go to the Severn bridge Motorway Cafe for evenings out! I'd like to drive all round it and get pics from all angles.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home