Friday, February 03, 2006

Away for the weekend

Tomorrow we are going to Braintree (to visit Great Grandad) and on sunday we'll all go to visit Frangelita and her OH. Can't wait to see their new flat. On the other hand I'm not sure about being gently broiled all weekend in GG's house. He doesn't move as fast as he used to. Except if there's a door ajar or any posssible crack in his defences against the outer cold. So if i want some cold air or a cigarette(or any combination of the two) I shall have to dress up in extra warmth and waddle michelin man-like, out into the garden to stay there until I can't stand the cold and then reverse the process.
Ah well.

Nutmeg has gone to his preferred holiday home (our holiday, his kennels) joyfully, nay, ecstatically, pausing only to pee on the potted pansies before rushing in to greet all those other happy holidaying dogs. (why anyone would keep a big stone pot of pansies just outside the door of a kennel at peeing height is beyond me but they looked quite healthy considering).

Oh and I saw a sparrow hawk on the way into town. As I went 'click' I saw him start to fly, in my viewfinder. When I'd finished taking the picture he was gone.



I had an extremely enjoyable and hugely stressful fiddle lesson. After which I felt as though every remaining brain cell* had been stretched to it's utmost. Kindly, my teacher suggested that I hear flatter than my fiddle (so as not to say you're playing sharp again or you're out of tune).
Now I'm drinking a Chilean Viognier (Santa Rita 120) which is very nice indeed (but alas no longer available at Waitrose).

All in all a very good day. The rest of the evening will be spent tidying, packing, practising, and watching 'Timewatch: The Floating Brothel'**.

Have a good weekend everyone :)

*Yes, still only the one.
** I thought it would be good. And it was.

3 comments:

At 5:59 AM, Blogger starbender said...

Have fun & b safe!
:)

 
At 12:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a fun holiday!

 
At 1:47 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Lovely w/end thanks all.
I love seeing buzzards, but usually they're just distant y shaped specks! How fabulous to see oone close up :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home