Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Maintenance day

Well it was going to be. I was going to find all the links I've been meaning to add or lost when I changed the template but instead of doing a tidy up I found myself installing new furniture...(clock to remind me I ought to have gone to bed already and site meter to replace stat counter which I don't understand). Well now I know I have visited my site once since installing the site meter!

I decided I'm not about to be ill and was probably just several hours shorter of sleep than usual this morning.

I've looked dubiously at The System of the World (current book) and decided it might swallow me up if I start now and I might not emerge till the small hours (the larger ones, like 4.00). I am about half way through it and it occurs to me that next wekend we are visiting Barney's Dad and I won't have a computer. I'll save it. Got blog to tidy up!

Something nice and restful about these moored boat glimpsed through the trees.

On the other hand, this tree stump looked like nothing so much as a group of frightened people. Reminded me of "Lot's Wife" (William Blake?) but turned to a statue in wood instead of a pillar of salt.
Or Orpheus and Euridice.*


*There's something very pleasing about turning from peaceful winter moorings to something that transports me mythically (or magically) to legendary Russia and ancient Greece. Especially if it all happens two minutes walk from the town centre.
*Sorry, I meant, of course, biblical Sodom...and or Gomorrah (how on earth do you spell that). Legendary Russia was in another bit of the park.

4 comments:

At 10:51 AM, Blogger frangelita said...

Funky clock (teehee)

 
At 2:40 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Thank you spindleshanks. I just copy what I find on other blogs without quite knowing how they work. One day I'll probably delete the whole thing by mistake!
Was Shadow of the wind good? Speaking of spare days :)
Fran: I'd say mine's nicer than yours so there! But it's only smaller:)

 
At 11:06 AM, Blogger Urban Chick said...

ok, stop it already with the lovely rural scenes - you're giving me hankerings again!

 
At 7:36 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Hey look Uc, any time you want to cure hankerings I'll organise a power cut and a water stoppage (we get ours from a bore hole not the Water Board) and a blizzard. Then you can come and visit :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home