Sunday, January 22, 2006

Masquerade

before I get to the masked bit, my fiddle teacher gave me an Amaryllis for Christmas...even though she knows I am a mad (brownfingered) plant murderer!
Amazingly it's grown huge and has produced two enormous stems each bearing at least two buds. Of course this may mean it's not very well. I have a vague memory of someone saying that Amaryllis.. er Amarilli? are only supposed to produce a single but even more enormous flower.
That was yesterday.

This morning it looked like this.

And tonight it looks like this. Barney swears it grew while he was at the pub this afternoon.

We went to a masked party last night. Formal dress. I found it a bit weird..I mean either you mask and dress to fit your mask or you go formal? I was a bit pissed off because I couldn't have the mask on the cover of The snow Queen(Joan Vinge) and my hastily purchased mask from Pageant looked hastily purchased to me.
Well we masked, discusssed glasses (on or off, over or under) and then wearing our longest prettiest stuff we set off to stumble around peering through small eyeholes at a company of other people peering similarly.

Me and Barney looking slightly less formal than when we arrived :)



Today I went out with the camera and took 93 pictures. I can never believe the first (2nd ,3rd, etc) will be quite good enough.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home