Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Trying to capture the next post

I have bits of paper scattered around my desk with notes to remind me that I was going to say something. They have things written on them like, 'my place is in the home where I keep fiddle, computer, camera etc' and 'places I have fallen over' (clearly I wrote that after reading SG's post last week) and 'lot of blogs about god recently/superstition/speak of the devil/keywords/oops'.
Trouble is I can't for the life of me remember what on earth I was rabbiting on about. I mean obviously I was going to say something cosy about it being nice at home or something about the devil in the computer and presumably I had thought up a list of places I have fallen over and thought it was funny. But what?
Oh well, I'll have to fall back on pictures again.
You wouldn't think this was about two miles away from a huge commuter dormitory would you. It starts just beyond that hedge across the field.




The Amaryllis seems to have stopped for the time being. Tonight, as I was downloading the last picture, it slowly toppled over under its own weight. Now it's propped up against the wall. On Saturday, the flowers in this picture pretty much like the buds lurking in the background.

I've never had one before you see. That's why I'm so impressed.

8 comments:

At 5:12 AM, Blogger concerned citizen said...

Howdy! Where I live is a nice place to visit, also. As you see I'm falling back on pictures, too.

P.S. I got rid of the word verifacation(sp) It's nice not to have to figure out that sh##t.

 
At 10:13 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

It is nice not to have to but since I proved that it's a random acceptance system (it accepts about 1 in 2 correct answers)I know I'm not going mad so I don't worry :)

 
At 10:41 AM, Blogger frangelita said...

Lovely pix as usual. Sorry no comments recently, have been endeavouring to return to the real world and actually read things which are written on pieces of paper. I have a couple of library books which won't just read themselves...

 
At 3:10 PM, Blogger concerned citizen said...

Oh, so that's how it works. :) I don't mind it on other peoples blogs, but, it irked me to fail it on my own blog. (sometimes a good indicator of how much wine I've had

I agree w/frangelita about getting back to the real world. Am going on a trip & be gone about a week. No computer. Maybe, I'll get some reading done. I imagine the librarians here think I'm dead.

 
At 5:00 PM, Blogger the Beep said...

I do that with ideas. Only mine don't get as far as paper. Thery waft around my head during the hours on the A34 and get lost as another @£&^%$** cuts me up.

Sigh....


Is this the way to Amaryllis?

Pictures not a fall back - each one worth a thousand words etc... quite tiring really.

 
At 7:35 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

I also have books stacking themselves up. a totally new experience for me!
Trouble is I want pretty much of all worlds and there just isn't time.

The A34 can be a particularly evil stretch of road (my sister in law described it as a mean spirited road).

Tiringness of thousands of words mitigated by silence.

 
At 2:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mig, I LOVE the top pic of the tree. That's a sweet shot!

 
At 6:30 PM, Blogger starbender said...

I love the pics of all the trees!
I just LUV trees!
The Amaryllis is beautiful.
I have never grown them
myself, I do better with just the green plants.
:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home