Tuesday, February 07, 2006

New toy.

I should have been swimming now but my partner in crime can't go and I get bored by myself so I did this instead.


Over Christmas, my son installed Sage, an RSS feed programme. Finally I have learnt how to add blogs to my feed list (by clicking on the icon at the end of the URL bar...all I had to do was look at it instead of dragging and dropping and cutting and pasting and moving and....). It's a very small icon though.
Anyway I like Sage. It tells me who's posted since I last checked and now I have found out how to add to the list, it checks some 30 odd blogs for me while I'm fiddling about with something else. It now takes me no time at all to find out who's updated since last visiting but all day to check what they actually said!
Sage doesn't seem to come with a nice little icon to add to the sidebar in the blog but it's here. (It may not be very easy to install though...thankyou Adam :)

6 comments:

At 3:15 PM, Blogger the Beep said...

You've educated me well today (you and Adam), thanks! I couldn't get Sage to work, but found one for the Mac that works in Camino called NetNewsWireLite which is also free and works really well.
It's a joy - thanks again!

 
At 8:30 PM, Blogger Sam said...

That bridge reminds me of something out of His Darkest Materials...something Lyra would have run across...ooo must curb waffling about Phillip Pullman tendencies...
Smashing pictures!

 
At 9:16 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Delighted to be of help Beep. It is a very nice toy.
Hi Fairy. It's a tatty old footbridge in the park and I've always been fascinated by it. First time I was there with cmaera and time and light though. glad you like it :)

 
At 9:40 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Hey Beep, having been to your blog and seen Surly Girl's useful information on posting links in comments,I'm now going to try that. It's a day for learning things!
The beep

 
At 9:41 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Yay, it works!!

 
At 6:17 PM, Blogger Kyahgirl said...

Now I will have to try that!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home