Sunday, February 19, 2006

Before embarking on my February whinge

I will just say I’m truly appreciative of all visits to my blog…In the early days of commentlessness, I burbled away to an apparently empty blogiverse/osphere/whatever and cared not a jot for the absence of response. But from the second comment onwards (the first was spam) it seems to have become ridiculously important to know there are people out there, noticing…umm, me.

Thank you :)

I realised it's not a blog crisis at all. It's a social crisis.
Quite often I read a post I totally agree with and am about to leap in and say yes yes that’s just what I thought.
Then I read the comments and realise that I am completely out of step with the rest of the world. Everyone except me realised this was ironic. Or agreed but had something witty to add.
Or I am about to say how much I disagree but can’t think of any way to say so that doesn’t sound stuffy, sulky or dull.
Like a grubby urchin peering round the door at a glittering party, wondering if I could steal a few gems of wit or a handful of sustaining erudition. And occasionally sulking because nobody invited me in :(
And then there’s the Homer Simpson syndrome. Each time I have a new thought it pushes one of the old ones out, so I start reading a post and by the time I get to the end and read all the comments, all the thoughts have pushed each other out of my head so I have to start all over again. Very tiring.

Meanwhile, this doesn’t stop me reading and enjoying all kinds of blogs and while sometimes unable to go with the flow and unwilling to stick out like a short, fat, unmanicured thumb, other times I do it anyway. So I’ve had my whinge and now I feel much better. Can’t think what the fuss was about. Crisis?…nonsense!

Besides, the snowdrops are out.

9 comments:

At 8:56 PM, Blogger Sam said...

Lovely snowdrops. I havent seen any in real life yet, although there are some bluebells at the bottom of my garden attempting to survive marauding, toilet-seeking cats.

 
At 9:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mig, I'm just one of those who has to look at your blog EVERY SINGLE DAY. I should really get some more hobbies. :)

 
At 10:34 PM, Blogger the Beep said...

Me too. Big fan... in crisis. Aaaaaaaargh.

 
At 1:39 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Ooh! (going rather pink and grinning foolishly).
Every day you two too!
Beep, got fingers crossed for you!
Fairy, we have snowdrops all round the hedge always under attack from our dog. He's *so* choosy about where his toilet is going to be today. I think he likes the decor!

 
At 4:58 AM, Blogger Kyahgirl said...

I love it when you visit my place and you're welcome to chime in anytime with anything!

I sometimes feel a bit out of place in some blogs but I'm still interested so may lurk a bit.

Its seems to be a matter of finding people you click with, even in cyber space. Funny eh?
:-)

 
At 9:57 PM, Blogger Urban Chick said...

ooh, i love your snowdrop collage!

would attempt one myself, only we have about four paltry snowdrops in the garden just now!

picasa is a blast, isn't it?

(and i spend ages reading comments on posts and then concluding that it's all been said - and more amusingly than i would manage - so i skulk off and don't leave one myself making the blogger think i never stopped by at all...unless they can spy me on statcounter!)

 
At 3:12 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

thanks Kyah :)

UC, I've just done that sneaking off thing 3 times! I never thought anyone could tell!!

Ah well as long as there are still places to feel comfortable all's well with the blogiwhatsit :)

 
At 3:38 PM, Blogger concerned citizen said...

I understand the feelings you're sharing.
It's kinda like real-life,
I've always had a fasination w/India & have been able to converse w/many Indian people & have learned so much.
As for commenting on other blogs. It's the best way to get comments on yours. Lots of us have a big # of people we are blogging with & there are so many out there...
I like certain blogs because of the intellectual type conversations. (Not that I am educated, far from it) but, it is a good way to learn. Sometimes I hesitate jumping in, sometimes I do & get totally ignored. Sometimes I'm suprised & people value what I say.
I think just what you are saying on this post is the best kind of post, because it is honest & people can relate. Also, I see you as a real person, genuine. & I like that you post pictures of where you live.
Also, The first time I saw your profile pic. I noticed you looked just like my oldest sister who died a Year ago. So I had to talk to you, <---hope that doen't creep you out.

Anyway, I'll be back. :)

 
At 9:13 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Lt, not creeped out at all, honoured. And touched.
It is so much like real life, through a filter. And I do love to listen in on the clever stuff! And laugh.

Word ver..mjpod. *the* new gadget? You heard it here first! (apologies UC, for pinching your line:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home