Monday, September 01, 2008

We can work it out

I was absently and hopefully singing this while scrambling up and down a hedge in search of a particular view. (Not sure how I got there from this but it seemed to work.)
Later, having received a text which said they had worked it out, I found myself singing
this and wondering if it was appropriate. (To be honest, it often has been with youngest - she's the kind of open, affectionate young woman who attracts jealous guys. Then blow me if they don't get jealous when more guys are attracted to her. And when previous guys are still attracted!).
(irrelevant photo of brambles)
All the wedding stuff seems to be going to plan. This weekend saw the stag do as well as the hen thing - Eldest appeared briefly here, three times, once with a lot of washing and later with some paintballed clothing and a trophy for being the best at quad-biking and um, not go-carting but something like it and then a third time to collect all his bits and pieces and hurry off back to Lancaster. And we got to see his pics of mountain biking in France. These actually seemed to be mostly about mountaineering and abseiling which made me feel a bit vertiginous. I'm glad I don't have to watch him doing this sort of stuff any more!
Meanwhile, we went to a sort of tiny, private music festival in Reading and listened to some very enjoyable local musicians and barbecued sausages* and generally had a good time. And I did find a few minutes to wander off and discovered a bonfire - it was a wonderfully sunny evening :)Now it transpires that I have to entertain GB probably from about 8 am tomorrow morning. I'd better go to bed or she'll have to wake me up before I can do the entertaining!
*No we didn't listen to the sausages, we barbecued them. But you could hear them sizzling if you really wanted to listen to them.

12 comments:

At 9:19 AM, Blogger I, Like The View said...

oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh

that last photo is INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!!

wow

(and I quite like the irrelevant brambles too!)

how great to be here - thanks!

plus, I got to hear a Beatles song I've never heard before

thank you thank you thank you

(glad it's sorted!)(when's the wedding?)

 
At 12:02 PM, Blogger Mel said...

Whoa.....

I'm gonna get lost in the bramble stuff. Oh my gosh....that's an awesome photograph with depth to it.

AND I get to hum along whilest I wander in the bramble. (and consume berries, too!)

You wander, scramble up hills, peek through the barbed wire and hum all you like....cuz I like muchly, thanks!

I'm very glad 'we can work it out' got air time!

 
At 3:03 PM, Blogger Betty F said...

Just beautiful!! I really love that last one.. I'm trying hard to hear Sausage in sizzling in my head! Time for breakfast!

 
At 6:06 PM, Blogger Rimshot said...

I always think of God looking in on us when I see rays of light like that. And it always brings a contented smile to my face.

Thank you!

P.S. The brambles image is FAB

 
At 6:49 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

There will be more smoky photos I as I spent at least half an hour wandering round and round the bonfire being a very happy snapper. And I could hear the music in the background so I wasn't even missing anything :)
(So which song hadn't you heard? I thought you knew all the songs ever written :)
Wedding Friday 12th Sept!!!!!! Waaaaah! (I've put on weight - just enough to be serious in the front buttons department!)

I've been stuck with 'we can work it out' for the last three days Mel! I've had enough of it now - need to do some visiting and put something new in my head -urgently :)

I often find myself commenting at breakfast time Betty :) Sausages are good :)

God is in the smoke 'shot :) And the sunshine of course :)
And of course, often the irrelevant things are the best :)
And thank you :)

 
At 6:22 PM, Blogger Zig said...

I've never heard that Beetles song either! How come you it wasn't raining? - it was here! You can really catch a moment with your lovely pictures - I don't know how you do that!

 
At 9:11 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

There was one day last week that didn't rain ziggi.
Now it's just bucketing :)
I'm beginning to wonder which Beatle it is that no one but me has heard!
Am I imagining it?
(It's the moments that catch me. I just have to take fifty pictures and with luck and a bit of following sunshine one of them will come out. And thank you :)

 
At 9:14 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

By the way, I'm not being allowed to post any posts. Blogger says "the document has no data".
Just letting you know :)

 
At 8:09 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Blogger still blogged out on me.
I've started a new blog on wordpress here if you're interested :)
It's much the same as this one except there isn't much on its sidebar since I have no idea to add stuff there yet.
And it's a different colour.

 
At 4:33 AM, Anonymous Wow Gold said...

wow ! what a blog

 
At 4:33 AM, Anonymous Wow Gold said...

wow ! what a blog

 
At 12:36 AM, Blogger Johnie1 said...

Love the long shot in the woods, makes me feel like traveling (:

 

Post a Comment

<< Home