Wednesday, August 27, 2008

I'm supposed to be finishing the booklet

and making a final selection of pics for the holiday crowd to see TOMORROW!!!!
This will teach me to take too many photos. Won't it?
Well, the other day, Frangelita and I had to get together to collect some stuff and we had lunch - Carbonara, very very good and huge!
I showed her my new lens and she said Oh is it one of those ones where you can do close-up eyes and stuff like that and I said Oh yes I hadn't thought about eyes. So naturally we did eyes across our carbonara.
My Eye (with rather nice clear reflection of Frangelita's hand taking the photo)Eye take a photo (of Frangelita's eye - less clear but still with the photographer's fingers reflected in there somewhere :)
Then we went home feeling absolutely stuffed to the gunn'ls (or gills, depending on whether you feel boatish or fishy, either way pretty bloated which is itself a bit fishy and quite appropriate since I am invited to Fran's grown up Hen Night* and we're having a fish restaurant dinner)


Moving right along to Wednesday, I can't do anything about photos or any of that right now because the computer is downloading yesterday's sunshine, very slowly. (which is bad of me because I ought to finish the other stuff first). But I'm quite excited - last night I nearly finished the booklet and there are only 3 more pairs of pages to go. And would you believe, they actually did meet in the middle. (They couldn't have done anything else really since I was working inwards from both ends of the booklet anyway but I could imagine that somehow I might have cocked up the process and ended up with ten pages of lovingly printed photos which didn't work out after all). There really is something quite satisfying about printing instead of just viewing.

So while I'm waiting for the photos I've tidied the kitchen (it's been getting harder and harder to find anywhere to put anything the last few days) and walked the dog across the road. We tried an extended version of our usual amble which involved going round the edge of the big field and climbing out into the road. The good thing about this is that after a gentle slightly downhill amble there is a stiff uphill walk back to our gate. A very short stiff uphill walk but definitely uphill. (This is good because it's exercise for us both. It's also bad because it's hard work).
We both found this quite challenging and I was hoping that when we got back the photos would be finished so I could get my breath back and sit down for a while. No such luck so now I must hoover. Ugh!

And finally, Thursday arrives and I've finished the booklet and sorted out all the pictures and now I'm copying them to CD. There are still 552 to look at and I can't imagine they'll want to see them all at one sitting so they can take home a CD. Then I shall become a whirlwind** of dust and untidiness and finally, settle down into a tidy dining room and kitchen and clean bathroom and bogs.
Meanwhile, from my sunny evening (it lasted all of half an hour) here's a hare started up by the harvesting (which seems to be going on for a very long time this year - I think the weather is giving the farmers a lot of trouble)
Bounding away into the sunset
And a cool, windy, sunny afternoon at Winterbourne.
Do you know, they did want to see all 552 pictures and then we looked at all Linda's pictures too and Steve brought the most enormous monitor I've ever seen so we all sat round the dinner table and behaved exactly like my parents used to with their friends, showing each other's holiday slides on projector screens. And it was fun!
But I forgot to show them the booklet!!!!!
Gaah!

Got to go to sleep now. It seems to have been a long day. I hope you all had a good day too. And I hope you all sleep well.
Goodnight :)

*The youthful and exuberant Hen Night is to be at the Bestival Festival on the Isle of Wight and they are all going as brides. I am excused thank heavens!
**Slight exaggeration, more like a lazy breeze with the odd eddy.

10 comments:

At 5:49 AM, Blogger I, Like The View said...

oh, it all sounds so wonderful! and the hare is delightful!! (have you ever read GB the story of Little Nutbrown Hair and being loved to the moon. . . and back?)

(my father used to do slide shows - it always took five times as long to get the projector set up as it did to view the slides)

I bet your booklet is amazing

XXX

 
At 5:50 AM, Blogger I, Like The View said...

oh! I forgot to say how fab your (macro?) lens is and the eyes. . .

 
At 5:54 AM, Blogger Betty F said...

Aw you've been busy! I love your photos. Glad you got them all organized now too. I always feel so much better, when I've caught up with my downloading, editing and printing! Hope you slept well!

 
At 2:35 AM, Blogger Mel said...

omgosh....

Absolutely awesome photo of the scampering bunny....or hare.....whichever.

Yep. Definitely liking the new lens.
And laughing at the booklet being forgotten for the bazillion photos ya'll had to show off! LOL
What a hoot.
I'm still thinkin' they'll absolutely adore the booklet.

Wow....what a fun evening of it you all had!

 
At 2:56 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

I've never read it I but I'll look out for it for future reference :) And I so remember the 'setting up of the slide show'!!! And then half of them would come out upside down or back to front :)
It is a macro lens. I need to get it into my head that it works differently from a zoom lens!

And now I only have the remaining several thousand to sort through Betty :) And thanks. I did sleep very well :)

I suppose we'll have to have them all round again Mel and then they can look at booklet. It is quite different from looking at a screen (even the biggest screen in the world!)

 
At 2:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Mig! It's been awhile since I've stopped in. Been sooo busy with work! How are you? I'll be checking your blog again (often)! Have a great day! Still love the pics!

 
At 11:22 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Hi Dav :)
How lovely to hear from you :)
I've been pretty hectic too, I shall drop by again :)

 
At 4:36 AM, Anonymous Wow Gold said...

nice blog.

 
At 4:36 AM, Anonymous Wow Gold said...

nice blog.

 
At 6:10 AM, Anonymous wow gold kaufen said...

Interesting post

 

Post a Comment

<< Home