Saturday, May 17, 2008

Black lightning


Oh dear I must have been knackered last night. And spaced out!
Well there you are, it just goes to show I think about the vest of the world even when I have absolutely nothing of any interest to say!
(Not sure if that's good for the rest of the world or not - maybe it would have been better if I'd gone straight to bed and then I could have told you all about my dreams. Er, right. Um which dreams. Hmm)

Aah! the vest of the world. Not only little to say but vulgar with it :)

A couple of things I forgot to mention - how could I have forgotten Barney offering to cut my toenails! the nice Doctor happens to have a skin disease interest and happened to notice on my notes that I had sad toenails. Unwell toenails even. (No photos available). So she asked if she could have a look at them. Should I feel flattered or something.? Will they appear in a text book some day? Anyway on pointing out that I couldn't easily reach them these days and couldn't always be bothered, Barney leapt in with his noble offer. Greater love hath no man! Er, or should it be 'greater love hath no woman' than to allow her partner to cut her toenails. Not to mention trust.

And then, how could I have forgotten that on Monday I am to have a tooth extracted and then until the following afternoon, I have to go around without my plate since it will be at the lab being fitted with a 'cover'. The thing being that the current plate is for a front tooth. My teeth will in fact be displaying full frontal nudity. (Again, no photos available).

I feel decrepit! Is there no end to the humiliations to be heaped upon me? Should I perhaps get me to a nunnery? Should that be 'are there no ends' to the (plural) humiliations?

Ok ok, only two humiliations so far, assuming I can avoid everyone in the world for a whole day and a half. I could always take a vow of silence or carry a sign saying 'my lips are sealed'. Perhaps I could take a veil for a day. Barney will have to drive me so I can cover my head and duck out of sight if we meet anyone we know!

Or, wait!!! I could wear a pointy hat and some warts and a long black wig and say I'm going to a halloween party!

Or, wait wait. I could get me some sponsors and go toothless for charity! In fact I could combine the witchy outfit and the charity bowl. box. thing.

I shall pick flowers.







Flowers outnumber humiliations by several. got a few flowers to spare. You can have them :)

12 comments:

At 11:38 AM, Blogger Mel said...

Now that, m'dear, is loooooove!
Or....insanity....LOL

<-- lets no one mess with her otes

<-- takes NO issue with feet, per say......just toes!

<-- won't even do shoes with thingies that go between toes..ick!


And you KNOW I'm voting for the pointy hat and warts and a sign that reads "only 165 days til Halloween!!".
:-D

k....NOW I'm all kinds of excited!!!! LOL

 
At 11:40 AM, Blogger Mel said...

AND you could hand out flowers!

Just an idea....LOL

(yes, please.......a daisy if you've one to spare....)

 
At 9:28 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Oh I'm the same about shoes with thingies Mel. Unbearable! And tickling my feet makes me scream, genuine 'don'touchmeifyoudothatI'llbite' sort of screaming :)

However both of us need the occasional opportunity to show a little unselfish kindness and this way we can both do it simultaneously.

Golly! Only 165 days!

 
At 8:23 AM, Blogger I, Like The View said...

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

cowslips


I remember those from Leckhampton Hill

:-)

the other photos are exquisite! (did you see dave's dandelion photo?)

and the tree/lightning shot is incredible. . .

(I had this horrible fungal things in my toes nails once - was on some tablet for nine months. . . think it's come back again - YUCK!!)(and me too, at the dentist this morning, for the root canal job - I'll be thinking of you, dear mig)

 
At 8:24 AM, Blogger I, Like The View said...

(only 164 now. . .)

 
At 9:08 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Ooh! Thinking of you too I.
Perhaps it'll help, kmowing we are companions in dental adversity :)
Bad feet, wicked feet! I do feel that me and my feet have let each other down - my fault I never looked after them, their fault they couldn't manage without tlc. (Stupid feet :{ If they'd said they needed cutting a hundred years ago I'd have done it more often when I was young and bendy and didn't have a stone and a half of tummy in between me and them!)

Oh and there's a new anti-fungal thing for toenails - apparently it's tremendously effective and powerful - the only reason it didn't work for me was my toenails weren't fungal!

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

I love cowslips. Oddly enough I don't remember them in Devon - but there must have been some, mustn't there?

 
At 12:45 PM, Blogger I, Like The View said...

yes, there must! amongst the hedgerows, possibly (I love hedgerows)

well, my pain turned out not to be the tooth that I had the emergency root canal on last Thursday, but the one next door (which had a root canal about five years ago)

there was an abcess on it (probably due to infected blood still in my system from my foot trauma of three years ago)

so an hour and a half today and back again tomorrow (and then the crown replaced)

:-(

hope you had better luck!!

:-) (ouch!)

 
At 3:14 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Oh you poor thing! Abscesses are hell! Well at least now they've found the root of it you can look forward to losing the pain!

As for mine, extraction is still, in my book, cheapest, most effective and quickest pain relief ever discovered. What's more, the tooth came out with the impression-taking stuff so that was a waste of an injection. (I hope he won't charge me for the extraction bit :)

I shall send you very gentle wishes tomorrow :)
xxx

 
At 9:33 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Oh and I did see Dave's dandelion. Lovely it was and a much prettier back ground than mine :)

 
At 10:26 PM, Blogger I, Like The View said...

that wasn't what I meant. . .

%-/

just lovely that you're both posting beautiful pictures! (there was a dandelion in the little courtyard at the new abode, tucked away in a corner, but one of the builders somehow trod on it)(it will rise again, little weeds always do!)

:-)

(think dave must have an even fancier lens than you do!)

;-)

 
At 3:12 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

It's ok, I know you didn't mean that but he did, after all, have the sea to play with in his dandelion picture :)

(I think his lens is less fancy but his eye is as good.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home