Friday, May 16, 2008

We've got a gig tonight and I'm wondering how much inactivity I can get away with. I can read music slowly and I know a good few of the tunes by heart - though it's easier to use music all the time but still, playing from 8 to 11.30 will be quite tiring. We''re pretty flexible and there's two of us to carry the tune (not something I like to do by myself as I like to wander away from the tune occasionally and embellish it with harmony and pretty twiddles. Also to have someone else covering up my fluffing - it's a mutual support thing). So I will be able to stop playing now and then and just look as though I have something important to add in a minute or so :)

Yep. It was ok. I couldn't read more than half the music so I made up the rest and as far as I could tell it was fine :)

Going to bed now

Sleep well :)

5 comments:

At 7:21 AM, Blogger I, Like The View said...

hope you felt/feel fine/better

and have a restful weekend

XXX

 
At 12:37 PM, Blogger Mel said...

*nodding*

The things you accomplish in the whirly state amaze me, ma'am.

A bit of fuzz and I'm feelin' pretty worthless. I'm lucky to make sense of whatever's coming out of other people's moving lips. LOL
Course, that's probably true on non-fuzz days as well....

BTW.....I read music and I STILL make it up as I go. LOL

*HUGE hugs*

 
At 3:54 PM, Blogger Sorrow said...

~laughing~
can't carry a tune in a bucket, so i am one of those who is POSITIVe your waiting for the right moment to add some lovely bit of song!
Now rest today!
and then rest some more!

 
At 11:34 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Thank you all for those kind words :)

Obediently resting and enjoying it.
xxx

 
At 8:24 AM, Blogger I, Like The View said...

XXXXX

 

Post a Comment

<< Home