Saturday, May 03, 2008

Going for a whirl?

Oh dear I hope not.
A while ago I had an ear virus (so my doctor told me). It made me dizzy and she said Oh it could take several weeks to go away.
Which it seemed to have done. But since the recent tooth events it's been creeping back and the last two days, I've been wandering around in circles. And standing still in them and even sitting down in them.
Pooh.
Well as long as I'm sure it's just an ear virus, brought on by tooth unwellness*, I'm assuming it'll go away as soon as the extraction of said tooth has been duly performed. Not till 19th May though.
I notice that I can play the fiddle and take pics without any danger of falling over. But walking the dog and stopping to talk to the neighbours is not on. I never realised how much head waving and gesturing I do when I'm talking to people! Shopping isn't a great idea either, all those head turning goodies around - and around - and around -

And sadly, this machine doesn't help much since long hours bending towards the screen results in seized up parts, straightening and stretching of which results in head rush. And guess what happens next! Whoosh! Away we go round the mulberry bush.

Well never mind, tomorrow I shall hand over lots of cash to lovely 4tographer and his camera will officially become mineallmine. Some time in the next week or two, my lens (better than his I hope, though his is very good) will arrive. (I bought it on ebay!!! So scary! I shan't relax until it comes and I think the stress of bidding and paying was what brought on the ear thing!)

Meanwhile, I hope you'll forgive a less frequent attendance here and at all your places. I always knew I needed a little more sleep and maybe a little less square eyed time. Now it seems my body has noticed this too and is letting me know!

Here are some pics I prepared earlier. I have to say that to see this view nearly every day when I go into town is much much more than I deserve and to have seen it in this light just convinces me that somebody must be on my side.

And then to catch the stormy sky above the rape seed field surely means I must have done something right.

Even if it was only to make an unscheduled detour and get home late to make dinner.

Love all. I shall visit even if I don't get round to saying anything (so watch those lurkers I, one of them will be me :)


*I read somewhere that anyone suffering from repeated ear infections should first have their teeth checked since teeth and ear infections go hand in hand. Canal in socket? root in labyrinth? Lets not even suggest tooth in ear - that's worse than foot in mouth - more like foot and mouth!!! And actually, let's not mention feet.

7 comments:

At 9:10 PM, Blogger Betty F said...

I'll miss your new posts! I hope you feel better soon. I know that jittery feeling when I get a new photo toy. And since I forget so much; I'm always sitting back, relaxing and relearning how to take pictures with my Camera.
Enjoy!

 
At 2:25 AM, Blogger Mel said...

<--not mentioning feet AT all!

And I'm thinkin' you musta done a whole lotta good things and touched a whole lotta lives, Mig.......not just cuz you get one fantastic view, and not cuz you got to catch those stormy clouds over the rape seed field (though the views are magnificent, indeed!)....just cuz of who you are, period!

But they ARE fantastic!
As are you!

Just sayin'..... :-)

*crossing fingers for all the transactions*
New STUFF!
:-)

 
At 2:26 AM, Blogger Mel said...

And lots of hugs and well wishes and prayers your way, ma'am.

Be better soon.
Dizzy......sucks!

 
At 8:37 AM, Blogger Malcolm Cinnamond said...

Get well soon Mig. Love your pics - so different to the scenery I look at every day.

 
At 6:27 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Thanks Betty, I can't wait to play with my new toy I must admit :)

Well I must also have done something right to have such lovely friends Mel :) It's a tonic! However, you are absolutely right - dizzy sucks!

Thanks Malc. I also love your pics of the so different but beautiful Westray. And the wild stories of pigs and chickens and untamed wire and mud :)

 
At 3:20 AM, Blogger I, Like The View said...

now, these really are beautiful skies!

there is something about feilds of rape that don't do it for me, but then again next to those skies. . .

. . .maybe they do

:-)

 
At 1:11 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

I absolutely agree I. There's something wrong about all that too yellow. But then every so often it suddenly makes a picture. Oh well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home