Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Busy bunny


Also contented, pleased, and LET OUT bunny!!!!!*
We went to get more pills, from our own surgery. We saw the nice Doctor (Very nice doctor :). I told her all about everything (well, no not everything, we'd waited 45 minutes to see her so that would have been silly. Just everything I thought she needed to know and everything she thought she needed to know).
And just before leaving, I threw in the burning question - since the pills do not make me drowsy, CAN I DRIVE???
Oh that's no problem she said cheerfully, the pills won't affect your driving at all. Then realising that she might have been a little indiscriminate, she added that of course I shouldn't drive if I was feeling spaced out or dizzy or anything like that.

Lovely doctor. Excellent pills.

The thing is, sitting in the car is the least spaced out place I can find. Walking, computer, stairs, talking and shopping all require a good bit of planning and careful balancing but sitting in the car - no problem. It's almost as good as lying down.
Don't worry, I tested myself out very carefully. Drove up and down the drive and turned the car round several times with looking over shoulder and in mirrors and then pootled very gently down the road 100 yards and did some more turning round and peering in all directions, quickly, slowly, even reflexively when someone drove past. Brilliant!

No more than fifteen minutes at a time. I really am being careful but the reflexes all work and the dizziness stays off till I get out. Then, well, it's so GOOD to be out :) And if I can cope with a little bit of cooking and tidying and washing, I think I should be allowed to cope with a gentle wobbly amble in the woods and half an hour propped against a gatepost taking pictures of kites following the harvesters :)It may be raining tomorrow - today - but remember, the sun shines somewhen :) Hold that thought :)

*Sorry, only a metaphorical bunny :)

12 comments:

At 12:56 AM, Blogger Sorrow said...

Lovely doctor to be so kind, be careful Mig, don't want you tottering home with just the wheel in your hand...(after going left one to many times!)
Love the photo's something breath catching about birds in flight, silent and soaring..
yummmmm

 
At 3:26 AM, Blogger Mel said...

*nodding*

Though ya know....all I could think of was "make hay while the sunshines".

I love 'em all of course.
And I appreciate the physician taking such good care of you.
But goodness--as much as it's got to be horrid being tied to the house......BE careful.
Yeah, yeah.......know you're being careful.....but BE careful!
k.......done being fussy....LOL

Now.....about findin' that bunny....... ;-)

 
At 12:16 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

It's possible I'm even a little bit safer driving right now Sorrow, since I'm paying attention to the road instead of the scenery :)
But I will try and keep the wheel attached to the car :)

I'm glad I made hay yesterday Mel, since today it's wet! I am being careful and you may fuss - it's good for me to be reminded.
Now about that bunny....Maybe I'll get someone to take me down to the service station Not an option for me driving but a splendid bunny gathering place. (Saw a hare almost as big as a dog the other day but no camera!)

 
At 12:29 PM, Blogger Mel said...

Ohhhhh......AND she takes requests! LOL

You're such a sweetheart, you just are!

<--saw a really chubby groundhoggy guy the other day--thinkin' it was a groundhoggy gal? ;-)
(didn't have the camera on me, either....woulda missed the shot anyway.....LOL.....too busy waving and chattering away with him/her)
Yes, I meet and greet the critters of the world.
Bit nutzo, huh? LOL

 
At 2:15 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Nutzos of the World unite :) We could start a new world group - 'Nutzos talking to animals'. I'm sure they'd come out of the woodwork in their millions to join :)

 
At 9:22 PM, Blogger I, Like The View said...

the colours in those photos are a true sight for sore eyes!

how lovely

I was showing SP some of your photos the other day and we were talking about how beautiful the countryside is, and how easy that is to forget since we live in the city

so this is like a little soothing amble* for me everytime I come and visit. . .

. . .visit :-)

XXXXX

(*grew up next to Leckhampton Hill in Cheltenham, you see, used to walk a lot as a very young child!)

 
At 9:23 PM, Blogger I, Like The View said...

oh, and what everyone else said: please take care on the roads until much better

and "yes please" to more hares!

and good that you have good doctor

 
At 12:48 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

I'm being careful.
.... visit :) Indeed :)
:)
:)
!

 
At 4:12 PM, Blogger Betty F said...

Oh I'm so glad you can get out again! No worries here, I'm too far from you to worry about bad driving. :) Actually, I'm the danger here in AZ, or so I hear.
As always your photos are beautiful. Your country is always a place I've wanted to visit. Thank you for sharing such a beautiful place with this "desert bound" lady.

 
At 12:39 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Oh but the deserts are beautiful too?
Whenever I go away, I love the other places I visit but I'm always grateful to return too :)

 
At 12:39 PM, Blogger Mel said...

*nodding some more*

Just this morning I was talking with Mr. Bunny while he was munching on the corn.
He didn't say much, mind you---impolite to talk with food in your mouth I'm guessin'.... ;-)

 
At 12:32 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Isn't it funny the way they don't say much but the upraised ears can speak volumes :) Outraged volumes even!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home