Wednesday, February 06, 2008

∞ or possibly 8***

Yesterday the computer gave me all my pictures back.
the electric company told me they were going to give me some money back.
I found a sweatshirt for Barney.

So I was emboldened to make an appointment to get my haystack trimmed. Some time on Thursday I may have a head of something resembling hair again.

On the other hand the printer gave me a sad blurred printout yesterday so I had to go and speak to the people at Cartridge world. They seem to have a new boy there. He looked about 12 but was definitely old enough to jump straight in with the time honoured phrase 'you might as well buy a new printer'!*
He had to be joking. Or jut not paying attention since the cost of a new printhead is around £40 and the printer I need costs around £250. And we hadn't even covered cleaning the printhead.
I want the older boy back. He didn't try pulling any wool over my aged eyes and now I'm not confidant that this boy will even try to clean the printhead if I take it to him. (perhaps he's temporary? I hope so. The older boy only looked about 18 but I think he was more grown up than he looked)
Anyway, pictures :)
From Watership Down of bunny fame.
There were men herding sheep with a pick up truck and two dogs
Kestrels (or sparrow hawks - I can never remember which is which) hunting. Probably why the bunnies weren't in evidence
And shadows in a combe
And a long, long view towards the rest of the world
Then later on the way home, Ecchinswell Church.
I hope you are all having a good day.

*And gazed at me seductively with his eyes all big and brown and serious as he said it, in the hopes that previously proven charm would save him some work and bamboozle the old lady into parting with lots of money. Huh!!!!**
**Actually this would have been a golden opportunity to trot out that time honoured phrase "I wasn't born yesterday" which I've never actually said to anyone yet. But I didn't think in time.
***Not the shape of a pear but the shape of life.

7 comments:

At 2:17 PM, Blogger Thursday said...

I confess I have used the phrase "I wasn't born yesterday". To my bank manager. With the addition of "young man" to it.

 
At 2:24 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Ooh!! Young man! :)
Well if he's there when I take the printhead in I shall watch out for opportunities :)

 
At 10:02 PM, Blogger Mel said...

I can have such a smartmouth....*sigh* I have to pause before I whip those trite little sayings out.....elsewise I'm apologizing for my smartmouth and dumbbrain.

And oooooohhhhhh...I'm hoping the new do makes you smile. Hairscuts make me cranky. LOL I think my hair's shellshocked from the experience!

 
At 10:04 PM, Blogger Mel said...

Oh...and I have a picture of a hawky guy.....where, I do not know. LOL

I'm blaming the camera program, of course.

 
At 11:33 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Well of course it's the camera's fault :)
Maybe it'll appear one day :) I wait in hopes :)

 
At 7:42 AM, Blogger I, Like The View said...

I always really like your photos with fences and paths mig, you have such an eye for composition. . .

I mean, I like the others, but the pences and paths just cry out to me to take a walk along and enjoy the moment without worrying about the direction or the final destination. . .

(it's very strange, this getting older lark, isn't it)

 
At 10:52 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

I do love good fence I, Like you say, they lead you away and you don't need to worry about where. (Though I like to know where they're going :)
Being not a young thing isn't quite the same as being an old thing :) Oddly enough, I find that instead of being comfortably and reliably 'old' I am confusingly sometimes taken by surprise by feeling quite young. (Usually when I am not doing anything strenuous)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home