Sunday, November 18, 2007

How many crisps

Would you expect to find in the average packet?
I don't know either.
I would guess, what, 30? 40? Well just about too many to hold in one hand I would imagine.
So, feeling a little peckish the other day, I bought some rather swish looking crisps called "Darling Spuds" for 75p. Naturally the label suggested all kinds of exceptional goodness. And the packet was quite light so I thought Oh nice, light and crispy crisps (teeth being easily damaged by hard, crunchy, 'handbaked' kinds). Some time later, I opened the packet and felt absentmindedly for a crisp to nibble. After a moment, I looked into the packet, my questing fingers having encountered nothing. I looked harder and found the crisps, nestling in the bottom corner of the packet. All 12 of them! that is, six full sized crisps and 8 broken bits. I thought maybe about half a potato's worth.
That's a very good profit for half a potato! Even for a very special variety of potato. Even for a special organic potato. And they were hard and crunchy and did gum damage. Not my best buy of the week.
I was going to show you a photo but I seem to have mislaid the packet.

Labels:

2 comments:

At 12:41 AM, Blogger Mel said...

The boogers, foolin' ya with a fluffy package and fancy words!

*chuckling*
Gosh, I could say that about himself.

Oh, and I do hope Barney's feeling loads better.
Nasty stuff going around out there.....

 
At 1:44 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Now somehow I never saw the Brit as 'fluffy' Mel :)
Barney's all better thanks :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home