Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Returning prodigals

That's us. I don't think we were really especially prodigal but we're back!
I have lots of photos on a DVD. Unfortunately I wasn't sure but Adam was, that my computer reads DVDs. It doesn't. So most of the photos will have to wait until I find someone who will be able to transfer them for me. Meanwhile, fortunately, there wasn't time to download the last card so I can post one or two from our trip to an RSPB bird sanctuary which was great.

I must say I do like watching birds from hides. It's sort of like spying but in a friendly way. And there's a lot of low voiced commentary from other bird watchers with occasional sotto voce outbursts "there's a heron" "Oh the Harrier!" "look the mergansers are er, something or other" Followed by a good deal of heavy booted tiptoing around the hide as people rush to see whatever it is. And swivelling of telescopes. All very cosy :)
I believe I saw the Marsh Harrier swooping and vanishing out of the corner of my eye while taking pictures of the heron.

The merganser appears to have no eyes but I think that's because his eyes are red!





This is a plover of some sort. I think


And this is clearly a goose. (Barnacle?)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home