Sunday, March 19, 2006

Sunday, typical Sunday.

At 6.55 this evening, we heard the siren sound of the ice cream van up the road. On a summer evening this would be unremarkable but tonight, in the icy wind and pitch dark it's a little surprising. Bearing in mind that there are 9 houses here and nothing else except fields, hedges and trees (in case you hadn't noticed).

I have spent the day adding pictures to the new B&B website and I suddenly feel that we should all be on our knees to those noble blogspot people who make it possible to add stuff to our blogs without making endless user errors and cursing and being approached by web site owners who have just thought of another thing they would like done and can't understand why it's taking so long to do the first thing. ("I thought these computers did everything instantly"...what happened to 'no such thing as an instant lunch' unless of course it's smash. Does smash still exist?)

I'm also on my knees to Adam who designed and set up the website in such a way that I can add information as posts. Though I quite understand why he did it. Although family feeling undoubtedly was involved, I feel there was a desire to get Dad off his back and let Mum deal with the nitty gritty. There's been quite a lot of nit and grit this afternoon.
When the thing is on line, I shall add a link to it just so you can all admire lots of thatched houses and be astounded by the useful and fascinating information of which Barney has vast stores available in his head. Coming soon, to a website near you!!!!

The real star in this picture is the Wistaria, though the thatch is,of course, very good.
I also went shopping and took some pics, not at all on the way home.

oh and after many f words and other bad language, I finally made sensible shoes business cards. (our barn dance band). I feel a ridiculous sense of achievement about this. Any half competant secretary could have done the whole thing in five minutes. Still, it gave me something useful to do while Barney cooked the dinner.

The design was done by the ex double bass player(also painter and graphic designer, Sarah Luton who left the band to have babies and live in Maidenhead. She is a really brilliant artist. I hope she's still painting).
and I did the washing and the shopping and swept some mud off the floor (which came from my infrequently used comfy walking boots).
I have been extremely good today.

2 comments:

At 7:02 PM, Blogger neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

What a great card, I love it.

Very interesting photos, Mig. The place looks verrrry quiet, I can't imagine who the ice cream van was going to.

 
At 9:46 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Barney thought maybe having an affair with whoever lives there these days. After all no one would notice your lover turning up in an ice cream van now, would they!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home