Friday, March 17, 2006


My washing machine is broken. Either the rubber band has perished or it's lost it's marbles. When it gets to the spin cycle it sits looking blandly at me and occasionally makes a small whirring noise. Then it hums peacefully to itself (as if to say nice, it's much easier to do this bit without actually rotating the drum) and clicks with a satisfied air. Job done.
But not! Pile of wet washing (including my swimming costume so I had to unearth an older model which, as well as digging into my armpits, kept slipping in such a way as to give me a four boobed look. Totally uncomfortable and probably not attractive...I didn't dare look. Miggy four-boobs!)
So I hope that nice Mr C is coming tomorrow morning, well before 12.00 to either fix the WM or condemn it as I have to be at work at 12.30.
As a reward for going swimming with chest furniture in disarray and for being brave and organising an appointment which may or may not be useful, I drove up a small lane with HUGE speed bumps in it and took some photos of the back view of a group of trees that has fascinated me for the last however many years we've lived here. I've never been up there before and it was rather nice.
Which reminds me, I copied everyone else the other day and as befits a mild and non-controversial blog like mine, only came up with the following 3 search terms...not very many but I liked them.

Bunps around the eyes
pictures of sundials
pictures that say "be quiet".

Further, there were 179 googlings for various kinds of bunps and they were all mis-spellings. shame. I was hoping to discover a new word.
Any suggestions for a definition of bunps will be assessed and submitted to, Oh I don't know. The Douglas Adams foundation maybe?

Update: Didn't I say Mr C was nice. £40, turned up on time and fixed it in half an hour. Amazing :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home