Thursday, January 05, 2006

Well it took me all night

But I've done it. Put all my links back plus a few more I've had in bookmarks plus a few I suddenly panicked over...Did I really not have Sherbert or Lt bookmarked or anywhere? Very nearly forgot to copy them all before saving template changes.(Thank you Bleep :)
Then I wondered abut a few blogs I like to lurk in? at? by? Well, near which I sometimes lurk, anyway.
Tomorrow I shall tidy up the bookmarks/RSS toolbars. Maybe.
Went back to work properly today and sorted out all kinds of stuff left for me by them what were there while I wasn't. Which means tomorrow a pile of intractable items which I have to make sense of. Oh lazy woman...Of which I have to make sense.
Two nights ago I found myself ambling homewards at about 6.30. (Adam and Jude had the car and hadn't quite got round to collecting me on time).
As I walked through the orange night, seeing all kinds of things I never see when driving, I passed the deserted (and excessively brilliantly lit) carpark of Vodaphone UK, I heard a small bird singing. Sorry, that was an irresistable brief attack of folkiness. But I'm pretty sure it was a nightingale, so probably was small.
Liquid chirruping and all that. It was surreal. Vodaphone, environmental obliteration, emperors, clothes, excercise, starlings, light pollution and Kate Wilhelm (Where Late the Sweet Birds Sang; not one of her best books) chased each other round my head with the odd wittering about dinner (lateness of) and sore feet (these trainers were made for normal feet to walk in).
Then Adam and Jude caught up with me so thankfully I didn't have to walk the rest of the 5 miles home.
Oddly enough, there was (may still be) a nightingale who lived and chirruped liquidly next to the car park of the Tesco superstore at the other end of town a few years ago.
So there you go.
I haven't got any small birds. Have a few bits of wood instead.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home