Sunday, January 01, 2006

Fungus before fireworks



I promised you fungus and here it is.
Isn't it a wonderful fungus?
I haven't had time yet, to contemplate next...no, this year's possibilities as I've been too panicked about organising the last day of , er, last year. Shouldn't have been so difficult as Barney did all the cooking (most of it anyway) and Adam and Jude looked after Gorgeous Babe nearly all day yesterday.
It went very well in spite of overenthusiastic and less than sensible help with the fireworks (resulting in one rocket streaking between Adam and Michael at eye height and causing both of them to (nearly) fall over backwards in terror. and one or two other erratic flights. No one was actually hit but we think helpful person may be banned from firework duty next year.
I took pictures from the upstairs bedroom at first because I was worried that GB might be disturbed and/or frightened. No need. She slept through it all angelically.
I'm sure I couldn't have achieved this effect when sober. Just as well I wasn't.

Fireworks. (Or some sort of deep sea electrical marvel. take your pick)

Although this is a terrible photo, I love it. Captures the drunken essence of the moment.

This morning GB crept over to Barney and whispered to him very very softly (so as not to wake Grandma). Barney snored gently in response. GB went back to her bed and talked to herself in an undertone for a while, then got up again and investigated Barney once more. Realising that the situation was unchanged she set off purposefully out of the bedroom. so I crawled out and followed her (eyes tightly closed but dutiful) and was in time to her her say, loudly and distinctly, from the bathroom "I need to have a poo now Grandad!". Thus being able to speak loudly enough to wake Grandad without waking Grandma. (not her fault it worked the other way round). For a three year old I thought this showed masterly tactical skill and extraordinary thoughtfulness.
So, having dealt with the matter, we went downstairs to see Mummy, who had returned from work in the cold and after party hours, giving strict instructions that GB was to be brought to her as soon as she woke up.

Kisses and slippers.

3 comments:

At 3:15 PM, Blogger starbender said...

Happy New Year Mig!
I luv the pics of the fungus! Who knew fungus could be beautiful?
The fireworks are great--I didn't get to see any yet this year!
God Bless!
:)

 
At 10:00 PM, Blogger Tabby Rabbit said...

Agree - beautiful shots of the fungus.

Sounds like a narrow escape at the fireworks, thank goodness.

 
At 12:03 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Thanks...I'm glad you like it? them?
As for the fireworks, it was really scary for a minute or two. We thought Adam and Michael were going to become statistics!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home