Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Promises made good

Fran and I just came back from seeing Narnia. We like to take me to see a good film this time of year. We loved it (she'd already seen it but she wanted to take me. Sweetheart)
It was just like the book and I loved the evil Queen. she was great. Really cold and casually cruel. Dead eyes. Brilliant. Understated.
The children were pretty good too and not too desperately sentimental (given that CS Lewis was a pretty sentimental writer IMHO). Oh well maybe they were pretty soppy. I just enjoyed it.
And I loved the graphics. I am not an enthusiastic film goer but I really enjoy the modern films with graphics and animation and all that stuff. I loved The Matrix... sort of SF ballet/special effects.
Which reminds me, my mum liked westerns...not for the stories. she loved the bar room fights! I think she would have loved this stuff too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home