Monday, December 26, 2005

It's only 01.15

I am wearing a purple sparkly woollie scarf, a pink an purple bracelet with dark turquoise and bronze coloured dangly bits, pale turquiose earrings and pink and blue woollie socks. (other stuff too, obviously).
I've just realised we didn't phone my half of the family at all.
The house is as tidy as it ever is when children are at home and they are all now tucked up sleeping the sleep of the well fed and earlier-than-me to rise.
Barney cooked a fantastic goose and gorgeous babe and her mum dropped in to share bits of dinner and pudding and for GB to entertain the crowds magnificently. (Her best line when passing nuts round and being told Great Grandad would like one too was "you'll get yours when it's your turn" delivered reprovingly as to a demandng child).
Adam and Jude rang and they'd had a good day. They ate nut roast and steak (she being veggie and he not being).
I spent a peaceful hour or three washing, tidying and generally making the house visible again. while others did whatever they did.
Fran and Andy and Great grandad were there and were great fun as always.
Peter brought lovely wine and was good company.
the spelling isn't bad considering the quantity of very nice wine I've drunk today (Somebody took a rather blurry pic of me asleep with my head on the table some time this afternoon). Presumably thias is why I'm awake now.
Only the empty glass is mine.

I know other people aren't all having joyous and peaceful christmases and now I've got a little time alone I think of them. Did during the day once or twice.

I wish so much there could be one time when everyone could have a day off from sadness and trouble but that's fairytale stuff.
I wish all the same.

5 comments:

At 4:52 PM, Blogger Kyahgirl said...

great post! sounds like a nice day. I wish everyone could have a day off from sadness too.
I was feeling awful last night because my son was not satisfied with his gifts, etc. and how do you tell a 5 year old that he has so much compared to so many kids? he doesn't get it.
need to change our focus a bit I guess.
Happy new year Mig!
:-)
Laura

 
At 4:56 PM, Blogger concerned citizen said...

Hi! I had to come over & tell you I loved the AFDD comment on (?)can't think of the name now. Arggh, must have SMS (senior moment syndrome). Any way, A good one! I'll use it.
Sounds like you had a wonderful holiday.
Chow!

 
At 1:37 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Kyahgirl: I remember one year a mismatch between our various opinions of the value of our son's present nearly started a family war!
You do what you can. They don't understand. You understand but it doesn't help. they don't believe you understand!
Aaargh!
L>t. Glad you liked it. I read some more of Doug's blog later and began to wonder if I have ADD! Then I thought , read it again another day...it's probably just a case of random symptom induced ...shit What's the word for when you think you're ill but you're not???? I get a lot of SMS these days.

 
At 6:24 AM, Blogger Urban Chick said...

that photo speaks volumes!

 
At 11:02 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Just remembered the word...hypochondria! and the ADDHD Blog, Splinteredmind. Very interesting and inspiring. to someone as scatterbrained as me anyway:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home