Thursday, January 05, 2006

Getting crowded in here

I am cooking rice and heating up/finishing off two of barney's curries and thinking, this is going to be too hot for me. Needs rice. Rice is nice with butter in it.
At the back of my mind there is something saying "you know that little ache somewhere around your left armpit".
Another small comment, heart...on left...angina...butter!
Another distant muttering...wimp...hypochondriac...wait and see...fuss!
And all big and noisy and hungry right at the front of the mind there's a chorus yelling...butter...nice, meaty, fatty, curry...more salt...mmm..lots of tasty, starchy rice with lots of tasty chloresterol poured over it.
Better try the other wine box. Red wine, supposed to be good for the heart you know. And also, apparently the brain. See here for a new take on the advantages of alcohol!*
Will I make a resolution to cut down on rich food, wine and sitting around in front of a computer this year? I think not.

*Last time I did one of these it worked fine when I did it but not the next day. Hope this is still there tomorrow!

3 comments:

At 2:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do the voices in MY head every bother you?

 
At 12:15 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Dav: it all depends if they agree with me or not !!
Sherbert: it's a little marquetry puzzle box, one of those push-me-pull-you things that drives you mad. Quite fabulous actually :)

 
At 5:00 PM, Blogger Kyahgirl said...

buttery rice with lots of pepper-yum!
I love spicy curry too. If its too hot, have some dairy with it-takes the fire away!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home