Friday, November 25, 2005

Grandma mode

We have delightful babe staying this weekend (every w/end in 4) and as she's now at pre school and nursery, 3 weeks makes a big difference.
This babe is a lot more confident than last month's babe. Also a lot less weepy. I'm not totally confident that the cheerful settling down to bed will stick. However she didn't say she didn't like her new bed this time which was a relief. (since all you can really say is "ummm it's the only bed we've got"). Also I'm a bit concerned about the positive way she said she'd be coming to my bed later. I love her dearly but I'm not sure I want to see her again till morning.
Barney does mornings see, I do later on stuff when I've finished waking up. but I have to do any middle of the night stuff.
Well, we'll see.
Some hours later, apart from a bit of a faux pas with the dog (well he didn't know he wasn't welcome in her bed) it looks good. I still can't believe how good she is about going to bed. Her Mum and the other two were never like this. Where did Ruth learn how to command such willing good behaviour? not from us!!
Tomorrow she and Barney are going to make scotch eggs again (if she is interested) and he's been challenged by chef at our local pub to bring them there. I believe large claims were made for them several pints into the evening! However, I doubt there will be time this weekend.

As you can see, she's quite at home in the kitchen.

4 comments:

At 1:38 PM, Blogger concerned citizen said...

thanks for visiting. Lovely baby you have there. I have two grandchildren, 4 & 6. They are the light of my life. I'll be back!
:}

 
At 1:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a cutie!

 
At 4:28 AM, Blogger starbender said...

She looks like such a cutie!
They are so precious at that age!
:)

 
At 8:38 PM, Blogger frangelita said...

Hope I get to see little summer next week when I'm down for your birthday. She's a little darling.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home