Friday, October 28, 2005

A day and a half

Barney's Auntie Barbara rang yesterday to see if she could visit..she lives in Scotland and is staying with friends in Henley (a few miles away), so today we wnet for lunch at our local pub. usually when Barbara travels it always used to be with Cousin Margaret and Barney's mum (who died this year and left a huge hole in all our lives). So I rather expected Margaret to be there too. Instead, a delightful elderly Irishman called Bernard. I possibly ought to mention that the elder ladies in the Bardsley clan are terrific flirts and fantastically good company.
So lunch at our local, served impeccably by our daughter (who is head waitress there) and by the time Barbara and Bernard were whisked away by his delightful daughter, I was well and truly exhausted...they seemed to have inexhaustible energy and fun! Half an hour for a cig and several cups of tea and it was time to go and fetch Summer, Ruth's little girl. also delightful and blessed with inexhaustible energy and fun. She is staying the weekend (she stays with us every fourth weekend which is just about long enough to recover). she's gone to bed now. I am knackered!
I think the cats have brought in a live mouse which is hiding behind the sideboard. Nutmeg reacted to the new dog food I had to get and gave it back...I really didn't need it, honest. Tomorrow, Barney has to go out for most of the morning so Summer will have plenty of time to wear me out all over again.
how on earth did I manange to bring up three children? how does anyone. I just don't believe it's possible! It's the amount of talking you have to do!!!
Last visit Summer had us in fits of hysteria by first being very funny and then telling Barney "not to make funny at her". frowning seriously and adding "it's not funny" (Oh but it was)
I may not have much to say for the rest of the weekend!
Or I may produce vast random slightly distracted outpourings...what do you mean I already...
hmm.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home