Friday, October 28, 2005

I had a nasty shock just now

Opened my blog and checked all my favourite links to see what's new and my link to Starbender...which I swear worked last night...took me to microsoft!!!
Took me ages to work out I'd duplicated the http:// bit! It's ok now.
Did have a moment of paranoia there. oops, microsoft are taking over the world and they don't like my blog.

This is the Pontycsllte aqueduct on the Llangollen canal over the River Dee. Possibly the coolest aqueduct I've ever seen.
Just wide enough to take a narrow boat and if you're inside the boat and you look out on the no-towpath side this is what you see. somewhere in the middle of it there is a plug they can pull out when it needs maintenance. I wouldn't like to be underneath when they do that!
If you feel really brave, you can let the boat steer itself - it can't go anywhere but straight on. And after all the aqueduct has been there for a long time...it probably won't break.

2 comments:

At 4:44 PM, Blogger tyrwhitt said...

wow... lovely pictures... here in mexico we don't really get an autumn :( it simply changes from mango season to watermelon season...
thank-you for all your encouraging comments :) it's nice to know you are enjoying my little blog. i can't seem to figure out how else to get in contact with you, so i figured i could leave a comment on your blog- which proved to be a good idea, beacause i got to see your wonderful pictures. sure, you can link to my site if you want! i don't really update the hellotansy one very often, so it might not be a very interesting link, but the talesfromguzman site gets updated regularly! oops gtg- i have a new (and v. neurotic) kitten who has just started yelling!
take care, tansy

 
At 1:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes it is a great canal and the aqueduct is somthing else, you might like my site and blog log on at http://monmouthshire-brecon-canal.blogspot.com still new and updating....regards paul.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home