Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Wild Night 2

An immense darkness of clouds
An ocean in the trees.
Fine soft spray
The scent of coolness on the way



I had a brief infatuation with Haiku a few months ago. Only stopped because I overdid it..I wrote about 40 over 3 nights. which isn't really what it's all about, it's supposed to be meditational and serene. I couldn't get this down to 17 syllables or even three lines so it's not a Haiku anyway. But the idea is there.


If you’re trying to see something in the dark, look at something even darker near to it. After a while you can see the object peripherally.
After a little longer you can see all kinds of things cloaked in darkness.

I could feel the dog sit down in the wet grass and then his quivering nose down the length of the lead.

He can't understand why suddenly his last outing is two hours earlier than it used to be! He doesn't mind though. Any old time will do for him though he prefers it not to rain.

2 comments:

At 12:15 AM, Blogger Fred said...

I'm really struck with this one - you certainly do dark and stormy very well. It's another one I've had to come and look at several times.

 
At 12:58 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Glad you like it. I cheated though...lots of layers. theres a marvellous thing you can do with colour replace in Adobe photoshop. where you replace all the colour with nothing and then paint bits of it back in.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home