Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Of printers and inks and stars and dogs

So I took the magenta cartridges to Cartridge World and showed the nice young man my pink prints and my greenish black prints and the empty cartridge and (Oops, wrong one) the new cartridge and he said it's the print head. This is good, the reason why I invested in this particular printer was because it had a removable print head which could be fixed when something went wrong (like losing it's marbles as the old one did). what's more it transpired, I could, myself, alone at home, remove this printhead and bring it in to be 'cleaned'. GRRREAT!
So I did that and today I collected it and came home all eager to put it back and put all the ink cartridges back and get to work.
Well, I don't know what he meant by 'cleaning'. Not, obviously, removing ink from it, since, as it came out from its sealed plastic bag, so did a lot of black ink. How fortunate then that my previous experiences with printer parts should have led me to prepare kitchen roll and plastic bags.
Ok. I eventually remembered how it should go back in and it did.
Got out the bag of cartridges and found that they'd run into each other. Particularly the black into the yellow. Stupid me. Should have realised they neded to be stored upside down. Got out the new cartridges (I always replace as soon as I run out because there are few things that make me more furious than not being able to do stuff because I forgot to replace things)
But I can't find the magenta. There should be a bag with one dead and one new magenta cartridge. I've put it somewhere. Probably somewhere quite sensible. (This is one of the few things that makes me even more furious than the other thing)
Oh well, while I was turning the house upside down and shaking it to see if any magenta ink fell out, I found some earrings I had planned to cannibalise (last week) so that would have been good if I'd found them last week.
Bugger it. I'm going to watch LOTR
I enjoyed that.
Later, I thought it would be fun to take a picture of Orion* but first the dog unexpectedly nearly broke my neck. (this, it turns out is another thing that makes me even more furious than the earlier thing....it's being a slightly frustrating day) . He's feeling a bit sorry for himself now as he's been well and truly berated by an indignant person sitting at the bottom of the steps in the garden in the wet frosty grass.
I'm going to bed. It will possibly be safer and less exasperating there than anywhere else. And I can get my feet warm again.
*I notice today that you can only see Orion after dark, I mean on the screen. Well in real life too, of course. So that's very umm, realistic right? I think my monitor needs cleaning.
Update: It's working. The printer I mean. Yay!

13 comments:

At 10:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bad day then Mig. I hope today's better!

 
At 12:38 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Mixed Thursday, more a sort of waltz step...forwards, sideways, back, forward...oops! down, oooh, ouch! up, sideways.....:)

 
At 1:31 PM, Blogger Mel said...

Oh, He's my favorite!

The best thing about winter is how brilliant Orion is.

Lovely shot.
And lovely landing on the tooshie, I suspect. LOL
Here's hoping magneta shows herself!!

 
At 11:56 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Actually Mell it was nearly a nose dive..I was doing that thing when you're trying to run faster than you're falling so each step brings you a little nearer to your knees. Thankfully the last couple of steps were on the grass not on the stone stairs!
I went and got a new magenta today. Printing may recommence later :) I wouldn't bet though.

 
At 2:47 AM, Blogger Kata said...

There's a cool meteor shower happening near Orion tonite...50 an hour they say on the telly. Going out to view then...

 
At 8:11 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Now I'm trying to work out what time that would be, here.
Well there weren't any when I took the dog out last thing. Come to think of it, if you could see Orion, I probably couldn't.Also it was cloudy here!
Hope you had good viewing Mangey:)

 
At 10:07 AM, Blogger I, Like The View said...

oh - printer nightmares! how irritating, at least it's working now. . .

love the star shot! (er, which one's Orion? is he the guy with the belt? I only know the dippers. . . and some rhyme about "speed onto Spica" which gets you to an other star)(only I can't remember it, which isn't very useful!)

 
At 12:38 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Orion does have the belt I, Also two shoulders and a sword hanging down from the belt. The belt is rather rakishly slanted. there are also two other stars in the constellation which could only be his feet if he was very, very short-legged. So I think they're the hem of his tunic :)
Sadly, he has no head.
And he's about a quarter turn East of the big dipper.
I like stars :)

 
At 6:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love stars. I once fell in my own wheelie bin trying to get a better view of Orion. Looking at your pictures is safer :-)

 
At 12:21 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Either you have much lower wheelie bins than we do sam, or you must have been perched above the bin somewhere!
I hope you were rescued quickly :)

 
At 9:16 AM, Blogger I, Like The View said...

you out of bed yet mig? maybe your toes were so cozy and warm you haven't wanted to leave!

it's jolly chilly outside, I think if I had the option I'd still be in bed. . .

I've remembered a little more of that rhyme, something about:

"follow the arc to Arcturus and speed on to Spica"

it was something to do with locating a star using the Plough, only I can't remember what the starwas (unless it is Spica?)

 
At 1:57 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Oh I've been in and out and all about thank you I:)and the feet got nice and warm :)
You follow one end of the plough to find the North Star.
Spica I don't know..will have to look it up.

 
At 6:04 PM, Blogger I, Like The View said...

sounds like you've been doing the Okey Kokey to me!

*goes off to bend knees and stretch arms*

(always a must after a blog, me thinks)

that's what it's all about!!

;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home