Tuesday, October 10, 2006

It's raining it's pouring...

It's not really, but I was thinking, it never rains but it pours.
It seems Baney's dad is suffering from a prolonged attack of food poisoning. A cause for serious concern as he's in his eighties and lost his wife last year. I'm off again to visit, check up and minister and will be unable to use a computer again for a day or two (though I may wander into town and brave an internet caff if I get desperate!).
So apologies to everyone...I haven't done much blog visiting since coming back from Kenya (as am wading through a mound of photos) and still won't for a while!

Leopard drinking
Leopard coming towards us (I suppose he can't help looking a bit menacing with those eyes)
Leopard going straight past us, round the back of our bus and inbetween the dozen or so other buses full of goggling safari-ers to amble away into the bush.
Akuna matata. (no problem)
And Kwaheri (goodbye)
And Tuonana badaye (see you later)

The Swahili language is beautiful.

6 comments:

At 3:35 PM, Blogger Mel said...

*sending prayers and positive thoughts to the dad and to you and himself*

 
At 10:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope all's well xx

 
At 3:44 AM, Blogger Kata said...

Sending good vibes as well~~~~~~!

Great photos Mig! Jealousy meter is soaring!

 
At 12:45 PM, Blogger starbender said...

I'm sending good vibes also. With all the good coming in, I hope he gets well soon. Mig- the leopard is beautiful! I have always wanted to visit Africa. How wonderful You got 2 go. I'm looking forward to seeing the pics you took. Take care.
:)

 
At 1:05 AM, Blogger hannah said...

Wow, love your photos, this is the first time I have visited your blog since you got back from your hols. can't wait to see more.

Give our love to great uncle D, hope he is soon feeling much better. xx

 
At 8:00 PM, Blogger I, Like The View said...

hope he gets better

look after yourself too, don't do too much so soon after coming back (easy to write, I know)

fantastic photos - worth the wait for you to visit if this is the result of your wading

:-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home