Sunday, January 08, 2006

Owls

A Google search for owl calls led me to this page.
I always wished for a good simple way to learn how to identify bird calls.
Actually, at £5.99 per bird and a limited selection of fluffy things needing storage space I'm not sure it's ideal. But how about a book, with press button bird calls and textured pictures.
I will immediately email the RSPB!
And now I have to look up CDs. Why haven't I done this before!!!
Oh, and it seems my nightingale of the other night was probably a robin...I didn't know they were related to nightingales!
Peter dropped in yesterday to show me his new camera! (Panasonic DZ30 (approximately)) Dammit, it's the one I want.
(Fred, I blame you entirely for this, it's your camera! That is to say, it's the camera which he bought after we'd discussed your camera at length and with envy and which I want too!)
It really is gorgeous.

I would so love to have a picture of an owl but at least our woodpecker was kind enough to perch outside the kitchen window for a while. He lives in the big oak and you can hear him tapping away all through the warmer months.

5 comments:

At 6:28 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Unfortunately my feet haven't got up yet and are still wearing sandals or I'd go out with the camera, hunting owls (just had an early glass of wine which may have something to do with this idea).
I was quite bowled over when we first saw woodpecker. We had a sparrow hawk roosting on our chimney for a couple of years too. Fabulous bird.

 
At 8:06 PM, Blogger Juggling Mother said...

It's too cold too go owl hunting at this time of year - wait till the summer - it might be later, but certainly a warmer dusk:-)

 
At 1:05 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Mrs A, you're right of course. Too dark too.

 
At 7:27 PM, Blogger Fred said...

I take no responsibility for the choice of camera (just in case you were thinking of sending me the bill). It is a good one though. I just wish I could get some decent weather to use mine. It just seems to have been dark and miserable for weeks here (or maybe that's just me). Hopefully summer will be better.

 
At 11:57 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Fred, You're right of course. Even the skies have been flat grey here.
Though if I hadn't been late for work the other day I could have tried for some nice mysterious foggy stuff :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home