Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Our gate guardian

As long as he doesn't fall down on us.






We love this tree in spite of the fact that he drops branches on the car and scatters the lawn with leaves and twigs and sows acorns all over the garden in innapropriate places.
Though we do wonder just how old and sound he is when it's very windy.

When I was very young, we had an elm tree like this and I used to climb it and terrify my Mum. Fortunately for my nerves the oak has no low branches to get a small person started.

3 comments:

At 3:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Branches or not, when I was young- I would have found a way to climb it, that's for sure! Great tree!

 
At 11:20 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

There is a woodpecker living in him somewhere too :) So maybe it's as well nobody got round to climbing!

 
At 5:28 PM, Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

What a magnificent tree! So very beautiful...the older I get the more I appreciate the things of nature...
Thanks for coming by myblog and visiting...Nice to meet you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home