Sunday, December 04, 2005

lemongrass and ginger

Fran and I went to the Yellow River Cafe yesterday and as well as having some nice soup, we discovered lemongrass and ginger tea. It's heavenly, delicately scented, slightly bitter and hugely refreshing.
I may have to add it to my morning routine. (that's routine as in panic, rush about, drop things but never forget tea first thing and coffee before I leave even if I have to gulp it and choke while calling disobedient dog back inside)
We found you can make it at home, just pour boiling water over a few slivers of green ginger and fresh lemongrass and infuse for a few minutes.
I'm sure you could sweeten it and the strength and flavour of the brew can be adjusted. I can't decide if I like it more lemony or more gingery. Might be nice with a dip of Earl grey bag.
Barney had some bits of tree lying around. So he made us a garden bench. He's a big lad so didn't realise how big the bench would look till it was installed. But sort of sculptural I think.
He needs some more large tree trunk to make a giant table to go with it.

4 comments:

At 12:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I'll have soup for dinner. Thanks for the inspiration.

 
At 12:32 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Soup is good!

 
At 4:55 PM, Blogger surly girl said...

but lemongrass is vile....

 
At 9:56 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Doesn't it say somewhere "and only man is vile" ?
(I think that's man as in humankind).
I was hoping lemongrass was also good but I'll just have to pretend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home