Tuesday, December 06, 2005

I've been blogwandering again

And my wits got left behind somewhere.
Visited some good blogs and will add some links in a minute if I can remember them.
Discovered that I'm a multicellular micro-organism on TTLB. Ooh! (I think).
Meanwhile had a conversation with eldest child who is recovering from getting his eye bashed in by someone from a fight he was passing by...well I think he stopped to see if he ought to do anything.
Ridiculous, the two older children are grown up settled and happy and Oh my god 3 and 5 hours away and if anything happened to them I wouldn't know until they or partners had time to phone. And if anything happened to youngest (who only lives a couple of miles away) there wouldn't be anyone to do the phoning.
Ever since I followed a fire engine all the way to our house (six miles), thinking idly "it seems to be heading our way" (it turned out Barney had set fire to the chimney) I tremble at the sight of an ambulance going from town along the road that heads towards our house and youngest's house. It makes me feel as if it could be us this time.
Enough. Middle one got home safely from weekend visit and Eldest is fine (he says) after having had his cheek bone put back where it belonged, yesterday.
I spoke to Youngest this morning? saw her last night. Gorgeous babe was fine yesterday. We at home seem to be as normal.
Ridiculous. I didn't worry nearly as much when they were all younger and lived here and came back broken from mountain biking or vanished for whole weekends without warning (only once and to be fair on that occasion I worried more than ever before in my life)and spent nights with boyfriends and started getting drunk.
Not to mention Barney occasionally ringing me from A&E having fallen off ladders and broken something.
In fact in those days it made me rather cross that they were so careless and broke themselves! Why on earth do I have to start worrying now dammit! It was a waste of time then and it's even more so now.
I shall cease and desist.
My grandmother who was dutch used to say "it's darker at night than outside". This makes no sense at all but I like it.

3 comments:

At 11:21 AM, Blogger frangelita said...

Don't worry, we won't go off and get damaged. And you are my in case of emergency person anyhow. Not being married nor nothing if anything bad ever happened and I was unable to consent to urgent medical attention, you would have to do it. I don't know if that's reassuring or not. Glad to hear Adam's cheek bone has been realigned

 
At 11:42 PM, Blogger Tabby Rabbit said...

My parents (mum in particular) always says they worry about us more now than when we were 13-19 and getting drunk / going missing / falling in rivers / running in front of cars.

No need - we all get more sensible as we grow up. Now I find myself worrying about them and my siblings etc. Though technology being the way it is I know where most of them are in any given moment.

 
At 11:43 PM, Blogger Tabby Rabbit said...

PS I like the darker than outside thing. Mad but great.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home