Monday, October 31, 2005

Well I did collect my extra hour last night

and also this morning since, after I'd got up (crawled out) I found that the phone clock, which I use for an alarm, still said the old time. I thought I'd given myself 7 hours sleep and instead it was only six. But today I have an extra hour to umm...do something? So far I have definately fed the cats and got out of bed. Oh and I've looked at blogs. I've emptied a pocket and discovered a note to myself that says tomorrow I have to be at work early as I'm going to be minding the shop. (They're all going to an auction to look at violins...who knows what wonders they may bring back and I won't know till Weds). And I shall have fun trying to decipher the labels on the fiddle cases (£45 or £250?) and the rehaired bows. (ready or not?) and searching the shop for violins that may be untouched, still being repaired, finished, sold, out on approval, wondering if a double bass could really be hiding in that horrible cupboard halfway up the wall...oh my poor little brain. And being nice to customers while trying to find a 1/2 size A string for a viola from the various places strings get stacked (one day we're going to have a really clear string display unit which anyone, even the customers, even me, could find the right strings in. Promises promises)
Well that's my extra hour used up. Beter get on with getting up. Oh and put the phone clock back...forwards..whichever.

4 comments:

At 4:50 PM, Blogger Becky said...

Great pictures on your blog. Thanks for stopping by mine..and you were clever! :)

 
At 7:35 PM, Blogger Fred said...

I don't want to spoil your Christmas but you will remember to put your clocks forward next March won't you ;<)

 
At 11:51 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

I think it depends if we have any small children staying with us?

 
At 9:17 PM, Blogger OvaGirl said...

Hi Mig, thanks for your comment. I enjoyed reading through your blog and the pics are gorgeous.
We have done the opposite to you over here (time wise). I stayed with a friend and the two of us spent ages trying to work out if we lost or gained an hour. Ridiculous.

Loving the extra light at the end of the day though...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home