Sunday, October 30, 2005

After a weekend of domestic bliss with the granddaughter

The grandparents are letting their hair down.
The gorgeous child has gone home and we are rolling fags, pouring large glasses of wine and relaxing in a big way.
This may be my last few coherant (and correctly spelt) words for a while.
She is a lovely child and it is a priviledge to be acceptable hosts but we are very tired of being polite and well behaved and 'firm but kind'. We have become aware of our age and, well, our naturally reprehensible natures. and we are mentally exhausted by the ability of a very small person to outwit and overturn an adult (who thinks they are being reasonable and understanding) at all times.
And she was quite unaware of the advantages of an extra hour in the morning. I have been wondering if I could collect my extra time tonight...

Here is a small person I saw once at the races. He was irresistible.

2 comments:

At 2:32 AM, Blogger Colee said...

this is quite possibly the most adorable little one i have ever seen. I LOVE your pictures

 
At 12:20 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

thank you! I must say, he was so gorgeous I almost forgot I had a camera with me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home