Tuesday, June 19, 2007

London to Brighton in four hours

No, not the cyclists, the support team!
And back again in another four hours too.

Accidents, traffic jams, you name it, it was waiting out on the road for us. It's amazing how busy the roads are in London at ten oclock at night!

But the cyclists did really well.

I got to spend time by the seafront trying to take pictures of seagulls (there's always a longish period, punctuated by texts from the cyclists, telling us they're nearly there now, when I improve the golden hour by trying to take pictures of seagulls) but we missed the arrival of the main group because they didn't tell us they'd arrived. Barney and Eldest came in a good bit later and waved as they passed so I caught them :)

Then next day (Sunday) I got to see deer in Richmond Park (rather early in the morning which was very good) and had breakfast in Barnes (no not here, I went to a cafe and had bacon and egg. the waitress seemed a trifle ouzzled* by my idea that breakfast could be just bacon and egg instead of the full english).
Barnes is a really lovely place though it was sad not to have a much looked forward to meeting with a very lovely person :(

And on the way home I stopped at the lakes near Theale and that was pretty good too.

Now I'm knackered and will have to spend several days recovering.

Phew!

Oh! did I mention dragons? Hosewell was seething with them :) Who'd'a' thought dragons would be bright blue!

*alright, puzzled. But I think she was a bit ouzzled too.

5 comments:

At 5:06 AM, Blogger Mel said...

YEAH for Barney and the eldest. My legs and back ache just thinkin' about doing all those miles...or even doing a tenth of those miles.
Geeze, I'd probably fall over if I got put on a bike. LOL

And what a cool shot of the gulls!
And of the lovely Barnes.

*sigh*
I painted and killed weeds....
NOT exactly 'cool photo' material, huh? LOL

 
At 4:47 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

I feel sure you'd make a lovely picture painting and weed killing Mel. And I rather think the last time I got on a bike I did fall over! I feel safer with my flat feet on the ground!

 
At 2:26 AM, Blogger Mel said...

*nodding*

My last ride on a wheeled thingy was on a tricycle and I did 'okay'...'cept my feet couldn't quite get on the pedals cuz my legs were a bit too long.

Ah, the advantages of short people! LOL

Great deer shot, btw.
I'm glad it was you doing the shooting and not some hunter.
Yikes!

 
At 9:06 PM, Blogger I, Like The View said...

:-(

(I see Barney was wearing the black Converse All Stars again, as last year)

 
At 9:52 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

They are his favourite best footwear for cycling :) (being both light and supportive see).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home