Friday, June 15, 2007

So by the time yesterday morning came I was sort of hoping for rain...not that it isn't fun and all that, going to market, but I'd got it into my head that it was going to rain and I'd just have to take this week off!
But the weather forecast was all wrong and there wasn't so much a s a spit of rain at five o'clock so I went. And lo and behold, it didn't rain and the sun shone a little bit and this week I covered my stall costs and the park and ride and a little bit over. And I didn't feel dizzy either. Also I met Anne and Harry who were lovely and kind and helpful and although at first, I was given a pitch which was all alone in the middle of a nearly empty row of stalls, Anne suggested I move to the pitch next to theirs and helped me move and then did a bit of compulsive re-arranging of my cards (she used to window dress for Allders, a frightfully smart store) and the result was very good. All the people I'd met before were lovely and really it was all rather successful!
I must say, the market people are a lovely friendly, helpful lot and you never feel anxious about leaving everything to go to the loo or to get a coffee.
And the lady who asked last week about cat cards came back but what with the dizzy thing and another, I hadn't done any! Oh well, I told her next week!
Now I have a plan to improve the whole thing even a bit more and if it wasn't for the London to Brighton Ride looming and a special card to make I'd be doing it now.

It was only an hour or two after dawn and already the sun seems very high (though it has a half awake look, peering through the clouds)
The Thursday market is enlivened by occasional renditions of, er, cornet music? Is this a cornet does anybody know? I don't think it's a trumpet!And the pigeons know when it's time for us to pack up.
And go home past houses farms and fields.
Sleep well.

3 comments:

At 1:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love dark cloudy days! They're so mysterious! My imagination kind of runs wild!

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger Mel said...

:-)

All sorts of helpful people in this adventure... And even ones who play curly horn looking thingies. How cool is that!

(Cats! Don't forget the cat cards!)

Good luck to Barney on that bike ride....and loads of more fun adventures all the way around!

 
At 1:02 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Nothing like a good cloud Dav :) And a bit of wild imagination!

Thanks for that reminder Mel :) I keep forgetting the cats. Not that I don't love them dearly of course.
bike ride went well thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home