Sunday, March 26, 2006

I'm having that time displacement thing again.

Oddly enough I started reading the time traveller's wife this morning.
We had a gig last night....booked to play till midnight. Not sure what the contract has to say about midnight being 1 am though.

Just recently I've been noticing that it's light when I go home from work. This is a really nice feeling, makes me think I'm going home early. Problem comes later when I realise it wasn't early at all. It'll be even more confusing now.

This year has been a first... Mother's day communications fom all three children on the day! (well the card, another first :)was a day early of course).Wow!

I'm a bit OD'd on the computer just now, I've been adding to Barney's website, updating March stuff at work in big lumps because we were waiting for the End of /year to be sorted, and finding blogging just a bit too much more computer. My eyes see large flat squares in the night when I take the dog out last thing. Which didn't stop me rewriting three tunes for the band last night in a clearer format. We disgraced ourselves yesterday (for the first time) by falling completely apart when somehow, two of us started the tune at a different speed from the (my) intro. It didn't matter because the dancers just carried on regardless but highlights the fact that this isn't the original band that practiced earnestly every tuesday night for ten years or so.
Reminds me of appalling moments when I used to play with the local orchestra and once or twice, you could hear one section drifting away from the rest by a beat or so and the conductor would suddenly become furiously animated (often in quiet, 'flowing'passages in some delightful modern piece). Never imagine that the conductor isn't earning his keep! I suppose you could say the audience was getting two performances for the price of one :)

Some random pics. I'll try and organise some more interesting ones soon :)

7 comments:

At 3:56 AM, Blogger Kata said...

The black and white is fab! Dare I say it has a slight rude feel to it..hehe...or maybe it's just me..

 
At 5:09 AM, Blogger Kyahgirl said...

I really enjoyed The Time Traveller's Wife. Made me cry though. Lots!

 
At 7:00 AM, Blogger starbender said...

I didn't know U were in a band--
C'mon, Post details!,
'cuz us bloggers want 2 know!
:)

 
At 11:43 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Well it might have MC or then again it might not!
Now you tell me Kyah! I've started it now so I'll just have to put up with it if it makes me cry!
Starbender, I was going to be hugely clever and put a link to a post I wrote with the band in it. but the post doesn't come up in the posts list! So you'll have to go and look, March 19th, Sunday,typical Sunday :)
Might do some pics one day!

 
At 1:56 AM, Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

I read the Time Traveler's Wife last year. It is a beautiful story indeed, and I hope you are enjoying it.

Thank you for stopping by my blog.

 
At 10:02 PM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

I've still got a heap of christmas books to read DCI, but I'll look for the history of love next time I go to the library :)
Thanks Barbara, I'm away for the weekend so I might have time to get stuck in.

 
At 11:59 PM, Blogger Kyahgirl said...

Don't chase it - no, I haven't read History of Love but I'll see if I can get it and let you know. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home