Friday, October 14, 2005

Just been out for dinner

A wonderful dinner (thanks Peter) with lovely friends.
Had more than enough but not too much very very nice wine,wonderful food and not quite enough (but lots) of hilarious and serious conversation.
Came back and read an article by/about Tracy Emmin. Couldn't decide what to make of her. I never wanted to see the famous umade bed thing and had no idea what else she's done. Some quite striking and visually satisfying pics in the article. And she's had a rough life and dragged herself up by the bootlaces to sucess. I warmed to her a bit. Then there was a bit about an abortion and it made me less warm. Something about the way she described it. I am anti abortion on principle but it doesn't mean I don't see that sometimes it seems like the only solution (and sometimes is the only solution). There may come a day when some one's only solution is to terminate me!!!! I hope not. no that's a bit silly..it's not a good analogy.
Well I don't know why I felt jarred by what she said (Telegraph, 8th October). If anyone else read it I'd be interested to know what they thought.
Bother. she's upset me. Perhaps I should have known better than to read about someone who shows the world her unmade bed and soiled underwear in the name of art. After all, even if she's moved on from there it's quite a statement isn't it. and it's not going to be a cosy character who does that.


picture time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home