Monday, April 24, 2006

NO!

This is not a cry of despair nor is it directed at any of you. It's on a piece of paper which I keep near the computer so I can put it on top of the mouse when my PDA is connected. This is to discourage Barney from checking his email while said PDA is connected as it doesn't like him logging off. Or maybe it doesn't like him switching users. Anyway I've lost the piece of paper. Considering the number of pieces of paper I regularly throw away (in the recycling box) densely covered with scribbles and upside down notes and stuff it's odd that I should feel so uncomfortable about rewriting this one.
I'm posting while cooking. Expect the odd splash of fat or wine. Possibly a smattering of violently mashed potato and you might hear the odd glug in the background. Cook's priviledge type glug.
So. Owls. There were 8 on show in the Shopping Centre in Lancaster. All having been injured in some way in a previous life. I really got the impression that they were quite undisturbed by being there. There was a good deal of head reversing so that unblinking alien stares could be directed with marvellous frigidness at a new object. Also one kestrel. A much more strokable looking bird. Though they all seemed to like being stroked and did a good deal of preening and fluffing.

Did I mention aliens?




The people were quite fun too.



And this has to be a little owl. He was certainly little but he had a big pair of eyes to make up for it.

Apparently someone shot the kestrel through the eye with an arrow. Which is why he has this endearingly lopsided face.
I do find it hard to forgive whatever kind of mindless idiot did that to him.

5 comments:

At 1:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

pretty birds!

 
At 7:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Owls are beautiful birds! They stare at U with that condensending glare. Great shots! Poor Birdie, let's hope it was an accident!
Delicioius post mig!
:]

 
At 1:09 PM, Blogger frangelita said...

They are so sweet. I like owls. Poor little injured critters.

 
At 1:48 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Owl sponsoring?
(potatoes excellent :)

 
At 2:55 AM, Blogger Kata said...

Awesome! I love birds of prey and owls are some of the coolest..great photos!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home