Monday, April 24, 2006

Dribbling

The freezer that is.
We defrosted it today and I just put all the strange little packages and about 20 different tubs of stock and soup back in. during the day we had to climb over strange blanket-covered mounds which hid washing baskets full of newspaper-wrapped, frozen stuff.
It occurs to me, thinking about photos and stock tubs and handbags, that I tend to do things in large numbers. Saucepans and lovingly saved plastic containers too, now I think some more. And it's best not to mention the silk shirts. Or scarves. Or chenille tops. Earrings.
Or the fact that I like to have at least one handcream tube in almost every room in case I can't access another room for some reason. And that makes me wonder if I might start collecting chamber pots for when I get very old. Though up to now 2 loos has been sufficient.
Books. Must be upward of 1,000 stuffed into shelves and bookcases around the house. Oh I forgot the music room. Add another 2 or 3 hundred. Not to mention the select few in front of me now.
Music. well when I was borrowing Fran's car and it was broken into I claimed back 30 odd CDs on the insurance and that was a very select few. (nearly all classical and not in their cases so I can't imagine what the thieves thought they were going to do with them).
And, of course, 7 fiddles, 2 violas and a piano. But I do play all the fiddles except the one that Youngest has in case she wants to play again. And one of them's been in dock for nearly a year waiting for the advent of a new and wonderful tool which will cut the cost and the repair time by half as well as doing a better job. I shall be chasing Boss for that with a vengeance as soon as I'm not working for him any more! (Oh and I don't actually play the two tiny ones that Adam and fran played when they were tiny)
People like me should possibly not live in towns with 5 charity shops.


6 comments:

At 2:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

U pak-rat U
:]

 
At 1:20 PM, Blogger Kyahgirl said...

Hi Mig-stuff just collects doesn't it? amazing ;)

 
At 12:57 AM, Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

You have such a magical way with words, Meg!

Defrosting is one of my least favorite activities.

I am with you every step and stumble of the way!

 
At 1:24 AM, Blogger Kata said...

My recycling is accumulating..then I get pissed at it and throw it all in the dumpster..bad hippie!

Loving the mossy green photo!

 
At 1:46 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Starbender and Kyah, sometimes I dream about throwing it all out!
Only joking :)
Ok today thanks Sherbert. I'm making plans involving training and I gave boss some advice.
Thanks Barbara..isn't defrosting a right pain in the !

 
At 1:48 AM, Blogger mig bardsley said...

Ooh Mangey, I'm so glad I'm not the only one! I do that with the compost sometimes when it's raining.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home