Tuesday, January 10, 2006

chef of the day (Sunday, had to wait for picture)

Barney has returned from Sunday afternoon at the Pot Kiln. (you can see us patronising the opening night on Heavens Kitchen tho I'd rather you didn't, I was having a bad hair day and had drunk some very good wine...well a lot of wine!)
This used to be our local Pub but is now a TV chef's restaurant. The food's good but the pub has gone! however the old local crowd still cling to their Sunday afternoons. This means my Sunday dinner chef returns at random times to cook the roast. Today, so far, he's deafened me with some rather lovely country rock guitar by Albert Lee and has flooded the cooker by filling the top half of the steamer with water instead of the bottom half. He and the dog have had a lengthy discussion about carrots followed by a bit of dancing (dog willing but puzzled, Barney both willing and confident though only slightly competant) and now dinner is in the oven, he's gone to do some 'drunken dialling'.
This is a typical sunday evening here...I am about 1/2 a gallon* behind Barney but may catch up later when he's asleep in front of the telly. So I'm taking this opportunity to have a quick blog.
Later I will need to concentrate very hard on sorting out the monumental chaos in the kitchen....it's great to have Sunday dinner cooked for me but the clearing up is a bit daunting. However, one of the ways to my heart is cetainly through my stomach so our marriage is safe even after an hour spent clearing up floods and cooking explosions.

*That's 4 pints yes? I shall restrain myself to wine glasses.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home