Sunday, November 06, 2005

Pickled old bones

Mine are.
We had a long hard gig last night, during which the sound engineer/keyboard player arrived 1 & 1/2 hours late (not his fault, returning from a gig in Belgium on a brand new ferry which didn't all work quite properly), the concertina player arrived in a state of shock having narrowly been missed on her way there by a youth who drove his car into a lamp post instead of her (just), most of the guests at the wedding didn't really want to dance so the bride and groom and those others who did dance were completely knackered before the end of the evening and the bride's mother gave each of us individually a short nasty comment of one kind or another. also whisked the egg sandwiches away before our veggis could get any.
Every so often the sound level governor cut us out (noise from the floor mostly).
It was all a bit like trying to make fun and music out of cotton wool and treacle.

We rolled away home having played almost non-stop for 4 hours and somehow, I ended up reading blogs with a glass of wine, mostly too knackered to think coherant comments (but I may have left some anyway, apologise if very silly). It really is silly to be drinking wine at 2 in the morning.
Today my joints ache and so do all my fiddle playing muscles. May also have a small case of bloggers/photoshop RSI!
And I think I left behind the photos which Fran took the gig before. Bother bother bother.
Today we failed to fix a broken lampshade and succeeded in cutting out the electrcity twice even though we'd already switched off the light circuit. (How does that happen? I thought if you took out the light circuit fuse, there wouldn't be any power to the lights so how can it blow all the other power). This in turn lost me a random blog I'd meant to bookmark and a post I hadn't saved.

However, I would like it on record that I AM NOT CATCHING A COLD. please all take note, this is very important. I DO NOT HAVE A COLD AND I AM NOT GOING TO BE HAVING ONE!!! OK? Right.
Oh and you'll be pleased to know that the cats and dog are all present and correct and show no signs of having had any nervous breakdowns or panic attacks when we left them all alone with bonfire night. What's more, none of them had left nasties for us to clear up.
which reminds me of a campsite rule book in Portugal which exhorted us not to 'cleanse the nasties in the washing bowls' but assured us that there was 'an aid bundle of first urgency' to be found 'in the official hut'
And that reminds me of a campsite security guard in Yugoslavia who shone a flashlight into our tent and our faces while holding a rifle in a manner far too relaxed and comfortable for our sense of safety and asked which of us two girls was Roger's wife. (this was 30 odd years ago) And where was the husband of the other one. We told him we were meeting my husband the very next day, absolutely, definately. Yes. big smiles, very friendly. nice security guard. Good chap. shiver!
Now it's raining and I have to go shopping...but that's no problem since I DO NOT HAVE A COLD.
This is Barney mooching in a graveyard in Suffolk.So while he mooched, I tried to catch rooks landing on a tree. Predictably they all landed while I was trying to find them in the viewfinder.
They're those leafy looking things on the ends of the branches.

1 comments:

At 9:03 PM, Blogger Tabby Rabbit said...

>>trying to make fun and music out of cotton wool and treacle<<

You poor thing! But a great description.

Go and have a long bath.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home