Wednesday, October 19, 2005

A late rose. And a late moth.

Another thing. I don't like getting up. I'm such a slow starter.To catch the early morning sun and mist I'd have to get up at dawn....I need at least an hour and a half to get moving and start paying attention to the day.

Well, since I managed to get up before 9.00 this morning I ought to be on the go by umm...now. Not quite there yet.
I'm not sure how loong it will take for this early bed going to start having a useful effect on the day time. That was one of the objectives.


During the summer when the windows are al open, we get moths by the hundreds all over the walls and ceilings. Some of them are quite beautiful. Others are just untidy looking. I particularly like the white ones with dark brown markings. they remind me of snowy owls. But this was a pretty chap. and he was resting so he had time to let me take his photo. Like a live leaf made of burnished copper.
One day I'll take a pic of the spiders in the bath....they're trememndous.

1 comments:

At 11:32 PM, Blogger Fred said...

I like the description you give of the moth and the sentiment you express when you said he had time to let you take his photograph. And why didn't I think of photographing the giant spider in my bath yesterday?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home