Saturday, October 15, 2005

Kites and rain

I must remember to check that I've spelt me properly before hitting enter.
I also keep noticing that I've been bookmarking other peoples blogs to a folder called bogs. Not always appropriate!
We have red kites breeding near us and for years I've been trying to take pics of them. They have this habit of gliding provocatively over the roof...all wingspan amd power. I rush in and grab the camera (sfter shutting my mouth and switching off from glazed admiration mode) and they immediately do some sort of wing flick thing and are almost instantly several hundred feet up and halfway across the valley. Bastards! Beautiful bastards.
Well, Barney took me to the Chilterns where they breed in hundreds after a major rehabilitation programme and I finally got this pic.

we went home and it rained.




later the sun came out.
god I am so lucky.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home