Sunday, October 09, 2005

Unlike Christmas

midnight comes every night regular as clockwork. And here it came again and went. But tonight it wasn't just me staying up. We have two birthdays tomorrow (83 and 40 something) so the whole of Barney's family are staying over. Some of us have sat up and drunk together till....well here it's 1.30ish. I must try and work out what time it is over there where most bloggers seem to live.
Ooops. I took the arms off my computer chair so it would fit at the table and I keep forgetting not to lean on them.
We talked for hours about our children and our lives and the world in general. I wish I was going to see my son again sooner but he's a busy lad. And quite far away. We see the youngest, Ruth, regularly, as hers is the grandchild and she lives just round the corner. and I see the middle one, Francesca quite often as she has close ties with friends and us and often visits. Adam lives at the other end of the country, very near the wild North Country, in Lancaster. It's odd that he's gone to live up there where parts of both our families come from and yet although he's so close to our roots here we are in the soft South and rarely see him. Who was born and brought up here.
what new updates you silly machine?!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home